Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dining Room Ideas

Since we are preparing to move, new decorating schemes have been on my mind. When husband and I got married, we merged a hodge-podge of old, hand me down furniture and made a cozy first home. Then, after a year of saving, we moved to NC and made a budget to purchase a new bed for ourselves, family room furniture and of course baby boy's room a little later on. For our next house, I am hoping husband gives the go-ahead for me to pick out a dining room table not from my grandma's side porch. Even though he doesn't know this is the plan yet, I have started my research for what 'we' want for that new space.

I have definitely decided I don't want the wood of the table and chairs to match. I love this look so much. I think it makes the dining room look less stuffy and more usable than your traditional set. Plus, I can buy the table and chairs separately and that might ultimately save us some money. Here are some of my favorites from House Beautiful:





Do you furnish your house piece by piece or all at once? Anything you are craving right now?

2 comments:

Ericka B. Jackson said...

We are definitely piece by piece people, and we save to buy... we realized when we first started shopping though that we both LOVE antiques! There's something about owning something old and beautiful, with a story and history behind it (and usually they are so much better made than anything you can find now!) Our bed is over 100 years old - all hand carved - and was a STEAL at only $300!

When we move though we'll have to buy a dining room table/chairs too. I love the look of an antique, distressed farm table!

Elle Cay said...

at least you have a dining room table, and a dining room for that matter.