At the beginning of the month, I post some goals for 2011 and now that a month has gone by, I figured it was time to check in.
1. Spend less money. We did alright this month in this category, but still have a long way to go. Meal planning definitely helped, my grocery bill was a little more under control and we didn't go out to lunch nearly as much as we used to. Toward the end of the month, I got a little bored and started craving Chinese and pizza and Moe's, and I caved for all three, so I just need to do more research to keep a variety in my meal plans. In other non-spending money moves, it is important to note that I spent $0 on clothes this month. Not a penny. And I'm pregnant and have all hand me down maternity clothes. Someone clap for me please.
2. Eating better. Really it goes without saying, cutting going out to lunch 5 days a week automatically has helped. Plus, something has to be working because I am 22 weeks pregnant and only gained 8 pounds (I'll regret admitting that at the end of next month when I have gained like 25, but hey I figure it is good for now). One thing that has really changed is Baby Boy's eating habits, eating at home and eating together has helped him vary his diet past peanut butter and grilled cheese, so that is awesome.
3. Read more. I read 3 books this month. I think that is pretty solid considering I have a very busy little guy!
4. I haven't had a chance to mess around with my camera too much more that usual. But maybe I should go looking for a "How To" book. Any suggestions?
5. Clean it out. Yea, we will save that for next month.
6. Windows, ugh, those stinkin' windows. I am 2 for 11 downstairs. Two.
7. Be a better wife, mother, teacher and friend. Wife: Husband had 3 man dates this month. I think that is good wife-ing. Mother: I am working on my patience and not using the tv as a babysitter just because I feel like sitting on the couch and gchatting. Teacher: I am officially employed at C's school two days a week now too, so working 4 days total (I work two days at another pre-school currently). This will help be improve my teaching and bring new ideas between the two schools. It also helps us save money since I'll be making more. Woohoo! Friend: Three of my favorite people in the world are coming at the end of February. I got a babysitter so we can go out one night. Kev will be out of town and it will be a girls + C weekend. This really has nothing to do with being a better friend, (actually it is more about them being amazing friends for coming to see me!) but I am REALLY excited about it, so I thought I'd share.
How are you resolutions going??