The first is an original oil painting in this rustic brown frame. I love the colors (you know I have a thing for orange and blue) and especially the texture of the paint. I can't wait to find its home in the house because I know it it going to immediately brighten up the room. I am considering painting the frame a distressed white. Thoughts?
The second piece is not an orginal, but a watercolor print. However, the frame and the mating are worth more the $20 I paid for it. It is a picture of Charleston, which is husband and my dream city. Every time we have gone to Kiawah, our favorite beach, we have discussed buying something smiliar, so I was happy to find it.
Lastly, I found this sweet clay mold of Noah's Ark to hang in C's room. It was $3 and just too cute. Noah's Ark is his favorite bible story, he get so excited when we get to that page in his little baby bible.
Side note: his second favorite page is when David hits Goliath with a rock. He claps his hands and says "rock! rock!", I am still undecided to whether or not this is a good thing. I definitely have a little boy, do I not?
Happy hump day!
1 comment:
What great deals! I think white would look great! The frame almost seems too dark/rustic for the print now that you mention it. I LOVE charleston too - nice print! And the arc is adorbs and for $3 - sweet!
Post a Comment