1. Thanks for all the great comments this week! They made me really happy. I am also looking forward to heading to the book store this weekend to pick up some of your suggestions!
2. Speaking of books, I just finished The Unforgiving Minute by Craig Mullaney and o my goodness, what a fantastic read. It was an autobiographical account of a young man's journey through West Point, Ranger School, Oxford, Afghanistan and his last duty assignments state side before leaving Army after 8 years. There were several anecdotes that helped me understand more where my husband has been and what he has gone through. For example, we have had this conversation more than once:
me: If West Point sucks, why would anyone want to go there?
Kev: It is supposed to suck, it just is the way it is.
me: I don't get it.
After reading Mullaney's version, I understood it a little more. He is so good at showing how each experience helped him grow and fashion into the type of leader he needed to be. I like how he took the gruffness of the Army and made it poetic, understandable and insightful. I laughed, I b-a-w-l-e-d and I walked away from it eager to write more myself and to make sure I am capturing the important moments that are shaping my life.
3. Has anyone seen The Social Network? We rented it last week with very high expectations and I must say, I was disappointed. I think if I had seen it without the hype, I would have liked it better, but best movie of the year? I don't know. It was entertaining, and it is true that facebook has changed the way people interact, and if I were Mark Zuckerburg, I would not be happy (unless I really was kind of mean), but there was nothing about the movie that blew my mind. Am I missing something?
4. Hope you have a great weekend! We don't have anything planned- so nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment