Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Blues

Even though spring clothes are already adorning the windows of stores and Lowe's is putting out the pansies, it is hard not to notice that we are still in the throws of winter. I always get sad in January and February, when the Christmas decorations come down, but its still not quite time to put out flowers. So to brighten up my mid-winter living room, I took a cue from February's House Beautiful and fell in love with deep blues and yellows to spruce things up. First, a few inspirations from HB:
Love these blue glass vases on the mantel. I might be on a search for some this week!
I am obsessed with the traditional wallpaper and curtains in this room and then the uber modern high gloss dresser. So pretty! It makes me want to paint my hubby's wardrobe in our room for an instant makeover.
And within my budget, a quick and easy update with new pillows on the couch.
I went on a search for the perfect new (budget friendly) pillows and lucked out at Target. Don't they dress up my comfy brown couch? Sorry the picture is a little dark, I forgot to take a picture during the day...
And then a simple table scape change- crystal, white, blue and purple- bright, but still season appropriate.
Little makeovers make me smile! How do you avoid the winter blues?

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I'm in love with the blue wall paper with the yellow dresser. Gorge! Target has the best accessories for great prices! Tropical smoothies help me beat winter blues too!

fittingbackin said...

I love little makeovers - and that traditional print with modern dresser is SO cool. I bet you could find those blue vases at Homegoods!! I like! Winter blues are typically only battled by going to the gym. I never want to go, or even leave the house, but once I get there I don't want to leave! I get in such a groove in the cold weather!