While many posts this week about been about people's goals for 2012 (and mine are really no different: read more, write more, spend less, weigh less), my friend Martha put a challenge to name 5 things you don't want to change about yourself in 2012. It was an intriguing idea, especially since it is a lot easier to critique myself, so after much thought, here are the things I don't ever want to change:
5. I can't hold a grudge. Seriously, you could punch me in the face and tomorrow I would forget. It is a blessing and a curse, but mostly a blessing and I like that I can see past moments of weakness which cause anger.
4. My family is important to me. One of the hardest parts of living in California is being away from my family and I am thankful that I have that problem. I am glad we want our kids to be near family and that I miss my parents, brother, inlaws and friends when I am not close.
3. I have a fairly calm demeaner. In fact, the other day, Kev and I were telling our little siblings about the worst fight we ever had: whether Jack Johnson was more like Jimmy Buffett or James Taylor. True story. Most angry we have ever gotten. Not bad for six years together.
2. I'm a pretty good mom. Yea, so Bennett doesn't always sleep through the night and Cullen has toddler anxiety attacks if I put butter on his toast, but overall, I have two sweet, well-mannered, happy boys. And I love being their mom.
1. I love my husband, everyday, more and more. We went out with some friends before Christmas and an old friend asked "Are you sure you don't regret getting married at 23? Don't you feel like you have missed out?" Nope, not for a second.
And for the final part of the challenge, Martha said to post a pic where you feel happy.
Here is hubby and I on New Year's Eve:
Isn't he handsome?
Tell me, what don't you want to change in 2012?
17 comments:
I absolutely love this! You and your husband are so sweet!
I love this post! So sweet :) Oh and I agree, there is absolutely nothing to regret about getting married young. We just get to spend even more of our life with the one we love most!
This is so sweet :)
and I really love the anti-resolution idea
What a great idea! I love it!!
Great post! You & your hubby are so cute together
I love this! It's such a unique way of looking at things. Great picture of you guys!
Wonderful Post...love it! You make a beautiful couple...I love this idea also!
Hugs xoxo
I need to be more calm. Cute picture of you two!
Great post! Love the photo :)
23 is a sterling age to get married. I swear we were sisters in another lifetime!
You are BOTH handsome.
And what would I not change? I would not change that I am protective of my children, and love to make them laugh. I would not change that I like to dream, and feel and find something oddly unique in every day. I would not change having married my Russian, and I would not change the fact that sometimes love hurts, but that even when it does I keep loving.
Like you, I don't hold a grudge. And I definitely wouldn't change that!
Thanks for making me think of things that are good about me... a refreshing change from thinking of all the things I could make different.
Bless you!
Awww such a cute photo!! Of course you didn't miss out! The grass is not always greener on the other side...and some people spend their whole life making sure of that. Love your "anti-resolutions!". Cheers to the new year!
I love this! That is such a cute photo and you both look so happy. I love that you just made me think of everything that is good, and not things I should change!! xo
I love these non-resolutions. So many fabulous things and such a beautiful pic of you and the hubby!
One of my goals is to eat more vegan and eat less processed food. Cook more and eat out less.
you two are gorgeous together!! wow what a beautiful couple
such a cute picture! Bennett is a great name :)
xx
Alexa
http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year to my favorite young married couple. You two are always so positive and happy.
Anti-resolutions:
1. Keep my new short haircut...I love it!
2. Continue positive attitude, no matter what the situation.
3. Continue being grateful to God for all the goodness in my life.
4. I have always been blessed to be able to see through the exterior of a person and to see the goodness inside...I pray that I will continue to be able to do this. It makes for very interesting experiences with totally awesome people.
5. I have always loved my children...maybe sometimes "too much"...they think I am such a nudge when I just want them to let me know they are OK. They live on the opposite side of the country from me and I HATE it!
I really love this outlook on resolutions & am definitely going to make a list of anti ones now! Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment