Hope you have a few spare minutes, this is a long post! 2011 was certainly a busy year in these parts, and it started with a recap of 2010 here. And now, on to the rest of the year:
My parents' bought their farm in Western VA and we visited it for the first time last February.
Enjoyed Spring in Winston.
Shared Kev and my 'how we met (and then what happened)' story. And this awesomely akward very first photo we ever took together (10 years ago this summer, weird!)
Went to Orlando with Kev's sister and her family
Enjoyed Easter as just our little family, the first time we didn't spend a major holiday with our extended families.
Decided we were moving to California and had a going away party/baby shower with our friends in Winston.
Realized some very important truths about motherhood.
Took Cullen to the transportation museum in NC.
Celebrated C's second birthday.
Had my last day of work at the friendlist school in the world.
Went on an impromtu date weekend to Ashville, just 2 weeks before Bennett was born.
Welcomed our sweet Bennett to the world on June 5th. And took one of my most favorite pictures ever.
Brought back cocktail hour.
Said good-bye to Winston.
Admitted that things aren't always cheery in these parts.
Helped my mom redesign the living room and guest bath.
Introduced you to Ralph, Cullen's alter ego.
Had a TOTAL mommy-fail.
Moved across the country to Monterey.
Dealt with our expectations of our new home not being fulfilled. And dealt with that by finding good things about Monterey (and where the sun lives during the foggy season).
Visited Santa Cruz.
Participated in my first Friday Fancies.
Saw our first Monterey Sunset.
Had an awesome visit from my parents.
Had the cutest little pumpkin and train conductor you have even seen on Halloween.
Posted about my mix-matched china.
Enjoyed Kev's mom visiting us for a few days.
Had Thanksgiving with old friends.
Annnnd that brings us to December. Are you still with me? A few link highlights:
It has definitely been a whirlwind year, but I couldn't be happier with where I am in my life. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and beautiful children and of course for the blogging community and all the happiness you bring me.
Here's to 2012 being even better!







11 comments:
What a great year. Happy new year
Looks like you've had a great year! Happy 2012!
Happy New Year Kate! Hope 2012 is everything and more for you and your family!
Hey Kate! I can't remember if I ever commented, but thanks for stopping by my blog :) The day you posted on mine, I checked out your link and was *dying* laughing on the Metro reading about the Christmas Card photo fail. I love your blog and appreciate that you share the REAL mommy moments. Look forward to reading more!
Happy New Year!
-Kate
What a great year!! Love the picture of you and Kevin on your first date! So sweet! :)
You had such an amazing and dynamic year Kate! Can´t wait to see more of your adventures :)
Happy Monday!
xx Ivana
Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls
June 5th is a sterling day to be born. ;)) I've been glad to be a part of your life in 2011. Hugs you lovely girl! xo
What a special year for you and your family! I love that photo of your two boys when Bennett was born, it is precious. We visited the Biltmore this November and I want to go back in the summer, it looks beautiful! I hope 2012 holds even better things for you and your fam:)
What an eventful year! I'm hopeful that 2012 has beautiful and wonderful things in store for your family. Much love! eliza
Oh, those pictures and snipets made me smile!!
What a year you have had! I love the pic of your two boys- too sweet!
Post a Comment