Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend Snapshots

Thanks for all your sweet comments yesterday about my Father-in-law's party; it really was a great time!

So backing up a bit, here are some highlights from our weekend.

We went to see the butterflies in Pacific Grove. Now, I am a fairly smart person, but I can be a little ditsy and I thought when people said there were butterflies in PG, that there were just literally, a lot of butterflies that flew around the little town. Wrong. There is actually a colony of Monarch butterflies that live in this random little grove at the end of town. Unfortunately, the day we went, they were hibernating since it was chilly, but I can't wait to go back on a warm day because up in the trees, there were thousands of sleeping butterflies.
 We spent a little time walking around and enjoying getting up close to the butterflies that had rested on a low branch.




 And of course, we rounded out the afternoon by heading down to the ocean.

 In camera-phone dumping news, guess which chunk is now wearing 12-18m clothes and is not 8 months old yet?
 This could possibly have something to do with the fact that he has tasted ice cream,
 And spaghetti, amongst other things. Boyfriend loves to eat.
 Sadly though, my little munchkin is sick and the only thing sadder than a sick baby, is a sick baby trying to be happy. Don't you just want to hold him, snot face and all?
Hope your week is off to a great start!

17 comments:

Sagittarian said...

Oh Wow! :) I love all the pictures here..:) Thanks Kate for sharing! :) Blessed day to you! :)

Loretta said...

He is such a cutie...poor baby, that nasty cold, and he still has the brightest smile, what a trooper! Thanks for sharing these adorable pics. Have a delicious week! xoxoxo

Amy G. said...

I've been trying to comment on your blog for the past few days and for some reason, everytime I tried the screen would just go white! I was started to get very sad, but it's working today! The up close pics of the butterflies are beautiful and as always, you're boys are too precious!

Heather said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I also love butterflies and love your flats!

laurenjeanallece said...

Aw! Hope baby face feels better soon!

Joeylee said...

great pictures and the boys are so cute. I love your little mans gummy smile!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I love all of the pictures!! It looks like you had a fabulous time :) Your kids are precious!

Stesha said...

love your little ones beanie. so cute!!

xo
Classic & Bubbly

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Oh, Katie! Those shots are great! I can't believe how big your boys are getting :)

Jenn said...

Omg I just want to PINCH your little son's cheeks!! So cute. Hope he gets to feeling better SOON! :)

Thanks for stopping by mah blawg. You've got a new follower. ;)

Sean Marie said...

Love these photos! Sounds like a good weekend. Sadly my little baby has a bit of a cold too. I wish I could be sick for her. It's heartbreaking to see your child in discomfort, especially when there's not much you can do to help!

following back. :)

Heather said...

Seriously your little guys couldn't be cuter! Even sick, he brightens my day :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Hope your sweet boy gets to feeling better soon! Beautiful sunset pics once again:)

marie said...

I see you took my advice and are in more shots :)

My first daughter was the same way, always a year or two ahead in the clothes department. Finally at 11 she is wearing what she should.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon :(

These pictures are so cute! You all look so happy!!

fittingbackin said...

look at those boys! Is that a frog cap? Fabulous!

Ivana said...

Awww, another cute and adorable post Kate! Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! I´m so in love with those little smiling faces!

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls