For this week's Friday Fancies, {av} prompted us to create an outfit based off the many we have seen online.
I decided to take the prompt literally and made a real outfit inspired by a pinterest look. Frist though, I have to admit, I don't like taking pictures of myself. If you have been following for a while, you know that I don't show up often. I prefer to be behind the camera, or at least to have a kid or two on the hip if I am going to be in a picture. In fact, I adamantly refused politely declined to have bridal portraits done because it was terrifying (I also had an anxiety attack and threw up the first time I tried on a wedding dress because all the mirrors and strangers telling me I looked pretty was completely overwhelming, but that's a post for another day). However, I suppose there is a time for everything, and I am proud that I do, in fact, get dressed everyday and have not yet succumbed to rocking sweatpants and sneakers to the playground, so why not show it off for a day.
My inpiration comes from a nautical outfit my style board:
It is a rare rainy day, so I built my nautical inspired outfit around my Cole Hahn rain boots.
And here I am today (trying not to look completely akward- fail.):
It is a rare rainy day, so I built my nautical inspired outfit around my Cole Hahn rain boots.
I'm also rocking boot socks from Target, an American Eagle skirt from a million years ago, Gap T, cowl knitted by my mom, Furbish elephant earrings, MK watch and vintage gold bracelets, and of course, the cutest accessory of all, a 2 year old in a yellow slicker.
Annnnd I promise to never pretend to model again :)
Head on over to {longdistanceloving} for more inpired looks!
Have a great weekend!



27 comments:
You have my vote for America's Next Top Model! Loving your outfit and that adorable toddler accessory!!
P.S. I miss the heck out of you...come back to gchat, puhlease.
you are the cutest!! i love your outfit and that navy skirt looks a lot like a LOFT skirt i own. you are rocking those red boots girl!
cute! i wore my rainboots today too!
You and your outfit are adorable! I think you should take more pics of yourself, after a while it won't seem so daunting anymore. Plus trust me, there are some definite advantages to aging but unfortunately youth is not one of them. Take tons of pics now. Oh and I love the red boots!
You are ridiculous! I love your outfit and you couldn't be cuter rocking those boots :) I'm so in love with nautical things right now, I'm definitely going to re-pin this! Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you dear. xoxo, e
You look great! You have to model again!
Gorgeous outfit and I love your little accessory :)
Have a great weekend xo
You look great! I never like pictures of myself, either, but I'm trying to be more open to doing outfit posts on my blog this year. Love the outfit!
You are SO adorable. I love those boots. Knobby-knees here could not in any way pull those off. You, however, can! :)
I love this! Great use of primary colors - you guys should be in an ad! You look fabulous :)
XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com
I want that white skirt so badly!! Do you know where it is from?
Happy Friday !
XO. Britt
The Magnolia Pair
:)
Oh Kate I love that whole thing!! So so so cute! I love it! and your little guy is adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!
So glad you included a picture of you today--so pretty!! I am absolutely loving this outfit, and that cute little accessory in the yellow is just perfect :) I have the same watch, and it's probably the piece I get most compliments on. xoxo
You are way too hard on yourself! You look absolutely darling!
you are so cute!
i love the striped shirt paired with the lacy skirt in the inspiration photo - so cool!
oh my gosh, you look too cute! I love those red rain boots, they are perfect!! Such a cute picture, you should do this more often!! Have a great weekend!!
fABULOUS!! I love lace skirts! And have one pretty similar to that & now I want to dress it up just like this outfit! It's girly but not too girly!!! :) So cute!!
Have a nice weekend!
http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com
You look fab and little man is so cute in his yellow rainjacket! Have a great weekend:)
~Anne
Hey, you look fabulous, that boots are amazing :)
Hey!
I just got back from a week-long cruise yesterday, so I am so sad that I missed the announcement about the giveaway...maybe next time.
Oh my word, I love this outfit! So cute...and perfect for a little drizzly weather!
And I might have to swing by Target to grab some of those boot socks!
Look how cute you look!! Love your red wellies and your son's cute yellow rain jacket! Totally adorable!
You totally don't look awkward, and I love the outfit! The red boots really spice it up!
Ok, I LOVE your outfit! And, what a great picture of you guys...you don't look awkward! :)
I LOVE your rain boots. you look stunning. adore this outfit. great post, love. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I've got a brand new outfit post and a fabulous giveaway. I'd love to hear your thoughts. xo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
You look beautiful Kate! Love this outfit so much, especially those adorable red wellies!
Happy Monday!
xx Ivana
This is the last week to enter my "Perfect nail polish" event on Facebook! Check it out here
Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls
you look totally adorable!! And I love to plan outfits around one accessory- it's kind of my M.O.-
the anchor earrings are great- you need them!
xoxo
Love your outfit, missy -GREAT boots and whateva you don't look awkward!
Post a Comment