Monday, February 27, 2012

Parents' Day Out

On Saturday, we gathered together with some friends and headed out to Carmel Valley for a day of wine tasting and adult conversations. We are so grateful that we have a good sitter who was willing to spend the day with our boys and our friend's baby and son as well.

The day started with bloody marys at our house and we presented our sweet {pregnant} friend Traci with a sober survival kit since she was willing to drive the parents on the loose around all day.

 Kev was excited
We met more friends in the Valley and started our tastings at Joyce
Dena, me, Heather, Traci and Apryl

The boys at Parsonage tasting room

Steven, Ryan, Kev, Tyler, Chuck
 Traci and I made the mistake of letting our husbands hold the cameras and I had about 30 pictures that looked like this at the end of the day.

 I didn't pay attention to the name of this tasting room, but I also didn't like their wine, so I guess it's not important, right?
We headed outside to snap a few more pictures, but noticed our husbands were tapping in to their inner 10 year olds and found a good climbing tree.
 Look at them go

 After the wine tastings, we found a great little restaurant and sat outside for the next hour and a half talking and laughing.





Sorry Chuck and Heather that I didn't get a pic of you guys!

And on the way home, Traci proved that she is going to be a great mom and informed us that our 4 hour long adult spring break was over and we needed to be quiet now.
So we got home and returned to our normal parenting selves; the kids were thankful for that.
What a great day. Thanks, friends!

How was your weekend?

25 comments:

Stesha said...

my weekend was not nearly as fun as yours!! what a blast, I love wine tasting!!

xo
Classic & Bubbly

Kristin said...

Looks like it was a great time! The weather looks gorgeous!

Joeylee said...

how fun! I LOVE your dress. Where did you get it? I'm looking for some cute dresses for spring/summer

Jenn said...

Holy moly girl! That sounds (and looks!) like some serious fun! Glad y'all have a great sitter! :)

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness, this makes me so nostalgic for Napa Valley! We just love wine over here :) So fun that you had a "grown-ups" day off!

eas said...

Oh my word you all look like you had a great time! The pictures are so fun-especially the tree climbing. You and your girls all look so pretty!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Seems pretty perfect to me! You girls look so great..... does a mom good to get away with her guy and friends!

Meg {henninglove} said...

oh my gosh what a fun weekend and what a beautiful looking group! love your hair kate and that dress, just beautiful! and since you posted on friday about daytona are you disappointed the race got to delayed until today?

Ally Garner said...

Sober survival kit - what a brilliant idea! Looks like such a fun weekend!

marie said...

A break from the kids with friends is always so great and rejuvinating. You are so beautiful and I love your dress. Good times. And I know exactly what you mean with all the pictures. When my kids get a hold of my camera there are tons of crazy pictures.

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

yay!! what a fun little day.. I actually am so jealous seeing how nice and warm it is there.. can't wait to get my dresses out!! Oh and the "Sober survival kit" adorable..... Have a great week!!
xo

Laura said...

It looks like you had a fab weekend, great photos! :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Omg this looks awesome, you gals and guys are such a hoot!!!!

Susan said...

I love your outfit! so pretty! Glad you guys had a great time, looks like fun!

Heather said...

I love the sober survival kit - too cute! And your dress is a stunning color on you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Heather said...

What a blast! I love wine tasting, and we've had fun checking out some of the Virginia wineries here in the DC area. That sober survival kit is such a great idea!

Emily said...

The sober survival kit is presh.

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

Looks like it was a lovely weekend! I love the sober survival kit- that is a fabulous idea for a mom-to-be!

Sagittarian said...

oh wow!! What a wonderful day you had with your friends! Another day to remember..:) I love all the pictures here, you're all gorgeous here Kate!:) Muaaahh!!!:)

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

What a fun weekend. I went to wine country way long ago (like hs) and want to go back so I can actually enjoy!

Stephanie said...

Love your cowboy boots and dress!!! Wine tasting sounds like so much fun right now!

Tami said...

What a fun day! I am so jealous! I have to tell you that I absolutely love your whole outfit! You looked gorgeous!

laurenjeanallece said...

Your boots! Oh, how I love your boots! Looks like a perfect mini-break... And truly, boys will be boys. If we go on a hike, Jared and his roommate are automatically crawling into the trees and creeks (while I take pictures, naturally).

Tyler said...

Just saw this, some awesome pictures. So...we get to do it again on Saturday right :)

Sarah Kate said...

I am so jealous!!! I've always wanted to take a day and do something like this. Looks like ya'll had a great time! I think the Sober Survivial Package was a genius idea, too! :O)