Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Review: Chris and Katie Visit!

O, hello there {says Bennett}. How glad are you that my pictures are bigger and you get to see this face up close and personal now?
 This weekend, on of Kev's best friends from West Point, Chris, came in town with his girlfriend Katie. We had the best time. These two have been friends for 12 years and every time they get together, it is like no time has passed at all.
 Bennett warmed up to Katie immediately and would spend the rest of the weekend trying to get her attention.
 We started the tour-o-Monterey with wine tasting
 My outfit here was inspired by my Friday Fancies a few weeks ago. I found the blue maxi skirt at Old Navy for $24. Thanks for the tip Laura! I love it so much.
 Later that night, after dinner and putting the boys to bed, the four of us stayed up too late, having some drinks and laughing about the good ol days. It was so fun.
 Saturday morning, we did what we always do with out of towners and took Chris and Katie for the drive down the coast.
 This never gets old to me.

 After that, we headed down into Carmel and hit the beach there. Cullen and Chris braved the chilly water.


 Katie, this pic is for your dad with Pebble Beach in the background!
 Saturday night, we left the boys with a sitter and went out for a night on the town. It was actually the first time Kev and I have left the boys at night since we moved here. I was a little worried about Cullen going to bed since we are still adjusting to the paci-less situation, but my sitter texted me at 7:45 to say that C had gotten off the couch, turned the TV off and looked at her and said "I'm tired and being a good boy. I'm gonna go to bed now." She took him up, tucked him in, and didn't hear another peep. Why doesn't he do that for us??

We had an awesome dinner at a.w. shucks and drinks at Hogs Breath. Kev and I enjoyed the good company and knowing the boys did just fine with the sitter.
Group shot at Hogs Breath Inn
 On Sunday, we headed down in to Monterey to walk on the pier and saw a whole family of sea lions swimming next to us.
 I love the one hanging out on his back!
 Cullen stopped to check out the live crabs for sale
 And I forced everyone to take one more picture before Katie and Chris took off.
All in all, such a wonderful weekend. We are so blessed to have lifelong friends in Chris and Katie and can't wait to see what other adventures life has in store for us over the years.
Thanks for coming guys, we miss you already!

PS- If you have a minute, pop over to my friend Martha's blog and give her some love. Her hubby left for Afghanistan over the weekend and she could use your prayers and uplifting words.

22 comments:

Stephanie said...

What great pictures! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

Heading over to Martha's blog now. : )

Sagittarian said...

Wonderful weekend indeed Kate!:) I love all the pictures you've shared here, happy to hear like this, having a real and long lasting friends are great and precious gifts of all time.) I'll visit Martha's blog too..:) Smile..:) Blessed day! :)

Susan said...

Kate those are some gorgeous pictures! It looks like you've had a beautiful weekend, I'm so happy to hear it! Love your outfits too by the way!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Having visitors is always fun, being able to play tourist and visiting your favorite spots to show off. Looks like Yall had a great time. Fabulous pictures as always!!

Ally Garner said...

I'd give that babysitter a retainer's fee & lock up her services. She's a winner. Your pics are beautiful, doll; I can't get over the views! Glad y'all had such a fun weekend!

Joeylee said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Great pictures & of course the boys are adorable as always

Emily said...

I seriously took ONE look at your blog and was like "The pictures are bigger!" And then I read your opening sentence...haha....so *yes* I AM glad that you made them bigger.

Can I just say you look freakin' gorgeous? And that photo of the bridge is one of my all time faves. I have the same one in my collection too. It's just so stunning!

On a sidenote, we drove 14 hours from Sydney to Melbourne over Christmas. There is an alternate route that only takes 10 hours...but we wanted the "Coastal route." Can I just tell you what a freakin' misnomer that was?!?!? We saw the ocean for *maybe* 15 minutes of the 14 hour drive. Here I was, expecting it to be like PCH on the Central Coast. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. So, rather than stay pissed about it {which I'll admit, I was for awhile}, I realized that we are so lucky to have the coastal route that we do in California. It is very rare to have that much road that close to the ocean. Enjoy it!

Cait Emma said...

love these photos! how fun! and bennett's eyes are sooo blue and beautiful!

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

what fun weekend! i love having fiends like that where it is like no time has passed when you see them again. and it's awesome that you guys had a night out! hope you have a great monday lady! xoxo

Eloquent English said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! xoxo A-

homeschoolceo said...

Beautiful shots and yea! for bigger pictures ;)

Looks like you all had a memorable time!

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

wow!! What beautiful pictures!! Looked like a great time!!

Laura S. said...

I can tell by your beautiful pictures you had so much fun catching you with your friends. It's great you were able to find the skirt at ON in blue. Glad you love it...I love mine too!

Eliza said...

Sounds wonderful! You have such a great place to call home :) Beautiful pictures, as always! xoxo, e

Mad Hatter said...

Great pictures! It sounds like you are finding things to love about my home state. :)

marie said...

What beautiful pictures! Leaving little ones with a sitter can be so worrisome, what an angel your little one was, I am sure it made your night much better knowing he was Ok.

Heather said...

Looks like a blast! I love Monterey!

Jenn said...

Looks and sounds like y'all had a great time and I'm so glad that everything went well with the sitter!! (TOO FUNNY with the bedtime!!)

Question related to my most recent post (WILL NEED YOUR HELP FOR SURE): Where did you get the necklace you're wearing in the photo with your new blue ON skirt? (Cute skirt btw)

And my heart just broke when I read Martha's blog yesterday. :( Am praying for her!!

eas said...

Aren't old friends the best friends? My HS BFF visited this weekend and it was so nice. What a great weekend you had! You look so pretty in that blue dress.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I love your big pictures!! yay!! You look gorgeous in all of them and it looks like you had such a wonderful weekend. Loving that skirt!! What a steal!:)

pam {simple details} said...

What a wonderful weekend, Kate! You're lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place and to get to share it with great friends...life is good! :)

fittingbackin said...

Love the pictures!! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!