-Praying for a family in our community who tragically and unexpectedly lost a young mother this week. I went to high school with her and she is one of my brother's fiance's best friends. She leaves behind a 5 year old boy, 2 year old boy and 3 week old baby. I just can't fathom the grief her family is going through right now and have spent many, many moments this week praying for peace for all of them.
-Relishing in every moment of my blessed life and praying for all who are suffering in any way right now.
-Teaching Cullen about 9-1-1. In light of this tragedy, I realized that Cullen wouldn't know what to do if God forbid something ever happened and there were no other adults around. So while the little boys slept one afternoon, we had a sit down about the meaning of an emergency, what 9-1-1 is and what they do, how to talk to the dispatcher, what our address is, how to only open the door for men or women in uniform and which of our neighbors are home during the day and can help (luckily, two of our direct neighbors are homeschool moms and around a lot). We made a little chart with all this information, practiced dialing numbers from the house phone and my cell phone, changed my mom's name in my phone to Marme, all in capital letters so it is easy to find just in case he needs it. It wasn't a pleasant conversation and at one point he got a little scared but I assured him that my mom had the same talk when I was 5 and I never once had to use it. I am however, glad he knows what to do.
-Finding joy in the fact that the previous owners of this house clearly loved Daffodils too. And that Spring is coming.
-Grateful for my high school friends who came over for dinner Wednesday night and instead of walking into the anarchy and promptly walking out, brought sugar to load the boys up on, lay on the floor and learned the names of all the monster trucks and dutifully listened to every record of SEC basketball teams. You guys are the best.
-Sending well wishes to my Opa who has been in the hospital all week, and my Oma who is lonely at home without him, and my parents, aunts and uncles who have become full time caregivers for both of them.
-Watching my babies sleep, and swing wearing a helmet, and getting stuck in the mud.





16 comments:
Very tragic indeed. I'm so sorry to hear. Praying that they will find the will to cope.
Cute pictures as usual. Have a good weekend,
Shauna
Beautiful post Kate...love your family and am counting down to the next dinner!
Awful about that family. I hear too many stories like that these days. Hurts my heart.
I hope that if anything like that ever happens to me Shelby will at least have my blog to look at to know just how much she was loved.
That is so sad. It seems like so many young lives are tragically lost lately. Very depressing and hard to hear about. That's great that you're teaching your little guy about 911. I did that at a young age as well and I'll even sporadically have conversations with my son about what we would do if someone ever tried to break in, or something happened to me. It's unfortunate that we have to have these discussions, but definitely good to be prepared. I hope you have a great weekend <3
That is so terribly sad :( Sending prayers for that family.
I don't think my daughter even knows how to turn the phone on, let alone figure out how to dial. I guess we will have to sit down and do a lesson on that too.
I'm jealous that you are already seeing flowers budding through the ground! We are still knee deep in snow up here :/
Not a fun talk to have but definitely necessary. That is so sad to hear about the young mother leaving behind 3 small children... Heartbreaking.
This breaks my heart. :(
Such a horrible horrible tragedy, and I am sure the talk with C had to have been heartbreaking and reassuring at the same time. Brings tears to my eyes. I hope your Opa gets well soon. Sending love and prayers to you all!
Prayers for your friends and your Opa. I could not imagine leaving my babies on this earth so early :(
Prayers for your loved ones and friends.
The 9-1-1 conversation has been touched upon lightly here. I need to go into it more, especially being a police officer's wife! I fail at this lol.
That sounds so horribly tragic. Praying for your friends. I can't imagine…
I'm glad you're educating your kiddo. That must be hard to do, though.
Oh wow, Kate, I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry for the loss for your whole community. Praying for her family as they navigate this whole new life.
And sending prayers for Opa and Oma both, for healing and for peace in his absence respectively!
I can imagine C getting a little scared having that conversation but how amazing that he knows he has the power to save a life now! Brave little man!
Meanwhile, I applaud B for the helmet on the swings as I mostly need one myself most days - this shows excellent preparedness on his part. I could learn a thing or two from that kid.
Many prayers to that poor family. How awful. I am sorry for your loss.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your high school friend, that is never easy no matter the situation. I can't begin to fathom the heart ache the family is going through. Praying for everyone involved and that God surround his arms around them as they try to move forward with their life.
Oh Kate - I can't even imagine the story of that young mother and her family. I'll be sending prayers that way for sure.
And yay for spring and daffodils. Please send some of those blooms this way!
Your babies are adorable!
My thoughts and prayers are with that precious family.
Post a Comment