1. It is Friday afternoon, the house is quiet (Cullen is at a playdate and the littles are sleeping), I got my inbox emptied for the first time in weeks last night and I am eating a sleeve of thin mints for lunch. Life is good.
![]() |
| Snapped the other day... I love observing the way my children play. |
2. For Christmas, Lauren (the best gift giver ever), sent me the book Bread and Wine. I consumed it while we were on our Fort Lauderdale trip and in the past few weeks my cooking creativity has hit a high note and I have been making new meals several times a week. Along with my new desire to cook again (it dropped by a lot after W was born.. cooking takes time and hands, and I am short on both..), I also realized how often I offer food to people and how truly happy it makes me. In the past week I have fed people other than my family Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and will again tonight and Sunday. Food is definitely my love language- it is the way I feel like I can help. I love inviting people into my home and knowing they will leave with full bellies and hopefully in better spirits.
3. We are all in agreement that Spring is never coming, right? We were supposed to get a 'dusting' of snow on Tuesday. It looked like this:
Next week's forecast...awesome
4. Wells and I visited my Oma today while the big boys were at school. She is doing well, but still very sad and lonely even though someone is always with her, she just wishes whoever that person is, was actually my Opa. Thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers for her.
5. I do think we brought a little joy to her day since she held Wells the whole time we were there. How can this face not bring joy?
6. Kristin is going to start a Stuff and Things link up next week, you should join in!
7. Kev and I finally watched the premiere of season 2 of House of Cards. Please tell me if you are watching so we can discuss. I did NOT see that one coming.
8. Bennett's eyes are so different from Wells' and Cullen's. Aren't they pretty?
Enough random thoughts for today- Have a great weekend!




13 comments:
Mmmm, a sleeve of Thin Mints. What is it about those cookies that you can't just stop after one or two. I hope to get my order any day now!
I have finished the entire Season 2 of House of Cards and holy cow!!! It's amazing!
I am so tired of Winter that it's really negatively affecting my mood. My cheerful meter is at an all time low!!! Ugh! Btw, I loved reading this post.
Glad to hear that your family is keeping your Oma such company. Wells is certainly able to cheer anyone up..even a little.
Have a great weekend, friend!
yay for clearing out your email- its so good to clean out the clutter. Im going to have to check out that book- because I love to be inspired in the kitchen.
OH and PS: House of Cards so good right? We just finished it and theres a few more surprises!
I introduced Elyse to the wonder of Thin Mints yesterday...BAD IDEA!!! She laughs this little evil laugh when she sees the green box appear! Bad idea because now their won't be as many for momma!
So jealous of the thin mints! Since I have to be on a dairy and egg free diet now I'm thinking I probably can't eat Girl Scout cookies this year. Very depressing. I should check to make sure they don't have one I can eat haha.
I'm glad it may not just be me linking to my own blog next week :)
I'm putting Bread and Wine into my phone "to-read" list for when I go to the library. Food is definitely my love language (if that's possible). It's all I know how to do/give.
We haven't leapt into H of C season 2 yet. This weekend…
Wells' laugh is the sweetest thing EVER. I'm still praying for your Oma. I can't imagine how deep grief like that must be.
Also, sweet Lauren gifted me the same book, but here I am, reading blogs and not going to Ft Lauderdale, so I don't really have an excuse as to why I haven't read it yet. It could be because the most I cook right now is heating up a quesadilla in the microwave...
Oh my gosh just finished season 2 of house of cards and let me just say - episode 1 sets the tone!
yum thin mints!!
cutest little boys!
He does have beautiful eyes!
I don't think winter will ever end. I'm so over it.
My husband and I are going to start watching House of Cards. We heard great things about it!
I'm so envious of your love and ability for cooking, especially being short handed. I love visiting people who so effortlessly shower me with food! We still don't have a trip to DC in the books, but when we do…I sure hope it involves meeting you and those sweet boys!
Post a Comment