I know my children inside and out. Their little quirks and preferences and the details of their very unique personalities. But everyone once in a while, they completely surprise me.
The last word I would use to describe Bennett is affectionate. He hates giving hugs and kisses, he refuses to tell people goodnight. He won't talk to anyone first thing in the morning. Kev is the only person who can get an "I love you" out of him. But that's okay. Aside from with Kev and the boys, I am not an overly affectionate person either, so I get it.
But because of this trait, when Bennett does do something incredibly sweet, it shocks me and warms my heart in a million ways. Such was the case yesterday.
I asked him to walk to "Walls-ie" for a minute while I ran upstairs to get my shoes and when I came back, I found them like this
Bennett was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and his Walls-ie was looking at him with such a happy admiration.
There will probably come a day when Wells looks at him with the same happy admiration because Bennett can flip a dirt bike or because his fake ID totally works, so for now, I'll take this little surprise and hold on to it forever.
Especially for when I tell Bubs that we love him and he responds "I sleeping Mommy".
I know underneath it all he love us too.

22 comments:
So, so precious. I love it. Have a great day.
Shauna
Awww. I bet your heart exploded.
W definitely loves his brother too. Look at that face!
What a great moment you captured!
So cute! I love that his response to I love you is I'm sleeping now! Kids really do say the funniest things!
Awww! So so sweet :) I know exactly what you mean…my two year old still pretty much completely ignores her little brother, but it makes it extra special and precious when she does do sweet things for him.
Awwee what a sweet sweet moment!
What a precious moment! :)
Seriously melt-my-heart adorable! :)
Seriously melt-my-heart adorable! :)
Seriously melt-my-heart adorable! :)
What a moment!
Aww, your boys are so precious! What an awesome moment to document.
So precious and sweet!! Stay warm... it's really starting to come down here in Va!
This is SO sweet!
Brotherly Love!!!! So Sweet!!!!
It's the little surprises that make me treasure motherhood the most. Sweet story. :)
Karen
It's the little surprises that make me treasure motherhood the most. Sweet story. :)
Karen
Omg the expression on Wells's face!!
So sweet!
Oh, B... Oh, my heart!
Oh how I miss my Bubs!
That picture melts my heart! How precious!
Post a Comment