After a tough week last week, and with Kev traveling for work this week, we wanted to take a little time out this weekend just for our little family. We had no plans, we did nothing big, we spent the majority of the time in sweats and it was just perfect.
Saturday morning we all slept in late and then watched The Lorax in our PJS. Then took a family trip to the library and stopped by some friends' house on post to play for a bit. Then we came home for a baby nap, but a wide awake Boy Room afternoon.
I think I have mentioned it before, but we have a 4th level unfinished basement and we have turned it into Boy World. There is padded turf on the floor, a TV, a fridge full of juice boxes (and beer) and every sport you can imagine.
The boys love it.
Meanwhile, in Sleeping-Baby-Mom-World, this was me.
I've also mentioned that Wells is the happiest baby in the world.
Here is some proof in how he looks when I enter his room after nap.
Every. Time.
Meanwhile, back in Boy World...
I know it won't be too long before Wells joins in. Just look how fascinated he is.
Please note his surroundings: basketball, lacrosse, hockey, West Point, dinosaurs.
Boy World.
Saturday ended with Toy Story 3 and an early bedtime for some boys.
Then several episodes of Revenge on Netflix.
Sunday we headed to Mass then down to the hospital where my Opa is in ICU and visited for a bit. We are praying that he feels stronger and can go home soon.
Sunday afternoon was another lazy one, the highlight being a Monster Truck Ramp I made out of card board.
A little dinner, some baths, another early bedtime and some more Revenge and our weekend was complete.
***
I am thankful for quiet weekends, for my sweet darling boys, for my handsome husband... and for Monster Trucks, basketball, post-nap smiles and a good book.
And just for fun, here are the boys in February of 2010, 2012 and 2014.
We (lovingly) refer to Wells as a chubby Cullen.
AmIRight?
















19 comments:
Yeah, library! ;) Also, that basement is awesome and your boys are adorable. Glad you had a relaxing weekend! You deserve it!
Looks like a great weekend!! You guys always looks like you have so much fun!
your boys all look slightly different, but I agree Wells is more look Cullen. I hope you have a better week
What a sweet family you have! I hope my baby wakes up smiling from ear to ear like that after naps. What a delight! I can see why those boys like that room. I think my husband would like to have one of those :)
Aw, chubby baby cheeks!
What book are you reading?
Your house looks like constant fun! I'm sure Wells will be involved sooner than we think! Wells is such a cute chubby boy! You have beautiful boys!
your boy world looks like such a fun place to be! I just love seeing pictures of daddies wrestling & interacting with their kiddos...boy or girl!
Wells' eyes and smile are just the BEST!!
These are great photos!!! :)
Sounds like a nice family weekend! I definitely hope your Opa is feeling better and able to leave the hospital soon.
I love how "nothing" weekends still seem so busy and chaotic. And wow - Cullen doesn't look like baby Cullen. He's growing up into his own.
And thoughts & prayers for your Opa.
I'm obsessed with revenge. Wells has the prettiest baby blues ever. I love your juice box/beer fridge (we have one too!!). Praying for your opa. :)
I think Wells is the perfect combo of the two other boys!! They are all handsome as can be:)
Those laid back weekends are often the best! I'm jealous of your boy cave - oh my, I'd LOVE to have somewhere to send my boy (soon to be boys) to let off some steam, esp in the rainy months! Enjoy :) And hope this week is a better one :)
Well, there go my ovaries… FREAKING RIGHT ON OUT.
You're also winning some major mom points with that cardboard ramp (didn't you construct something similar when you guys were moving for the boys to slide THEMSELVES down?). I want to come drinks wine with you while the boys knock themselves out!
I have my heart dead set on a girl, (not that i have a choice in the matter) but you make having boys so much fun!!! I love how yall turned your basement into their playroom. So fun!!
Looks like a great weekend! I love the picture of the three of them all at the same age! Such handsome little fellas! And of course the only thing I noticed in the picture of the boys and Frankie racing monster trucks, were the two beers on the side table! ;) bahaha!
Wonderful pictures I love the shadow one the most!
I love days that we don't have to get dressed more than anything. Some of the best memories are on those days. Kids love the pj days.
I love the shadow picture. It makes me think of Peter Pan! You are such a fun mom ;)
Post a Comment