Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guest Post: Deacon Does DC

Good morning! How is everyone today? I have a very special guest blogger for you today, McLean from Deacon Does DC. We 'met' via the greatest link up ever, Friday Francies, and I was immediately drawn to McLean's beautiful writing and sense of adventure, not to mention she went to Wake (located in our previous city, Winston-Salem and currently resides in DC, where Kev and I are from.) We did a little post swap with some get-to-know-you questions, so be sure to hop over to Deacon Does DC to see my answers. And if you are visiting from Deacon Does DC, be sure to leave a comment and let me know you stopped by. Thanks McLean for sharing with us today!

*********

Tell me about yourself- why did you start blogging, and how did you decide what you wanted to write about?
I started Deacon Does DC in 2008 as part of a project for my grad degree at Georgetown University. At the time, I was writing for a few magazines and wanted a place to share my work as well as things that didn’t make it in magazine / blog pieces that would be interesting to the DC community. I started writing about the things I like – fashion, food and fun, and have since expanded my “beat” to cover what I’m writing about for other publications – namely, luxury lifestyles.


Do you have any regular series on your blog? What is your favorite? I’ve been a Friday’s Fancies faithful for a weekly linkup with Long Distance Loving. I actually lived with the founder {av} when I started Deacon Does DC and am so in awe of her awesome blog and how much it’s grown in just a year. She’s quickly become my blog inspiration, particularly for web design. I have a few series I’ve played with over the years, but my new favorite is Travel Tuesday. I’m primarily a travel writer now (in real life) and love to share where I’m going with friends – it’s a play off of the Twitter hashtag #TravelTuesday. Say hi – I’m @DeaconDoesDC.

Have you ever been to Cali and/or where would you like to visit in California and why?I am sad to say I haven’t explored as much of California as I’d like! I’ve been to San Francisco and loved it, though. I am really hoping to visit the Napa area soon and go wine tasting – I love wine and am always up for a great “girlfriend getaway” destination.


When you aren't blogging, what can you be found doing?More blogging? I’m lucky enough to write for a living and you’ll see that for my day job, I write about many of the things that I blog about on DeaconDoesDC. I’m definitely a girly-girl – I love to shop, go to the spa and travel, but I also love cooking and hanging out with friends. As I get older, I’ve become way more into working out and am obsessed with pole dancing – it’s such a great workout and very fun.

I’ve recently become obsessed with Pintrest (linked to my other Tumblr, Wanderluxe) and have found some great recipes and inspiration for my favorite things there too.

What about the holidays gets you most excited?
I love everything about the holidays! Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite – it’s so simple and about the pleasures of being with family and friends. Of course, the food is great too. I love cooking and decorating, so for me, Thanksgiving is the kickoff to a fun holiday season. The entire season is great- I also love making and buying gifts for friends, even though I start ridiculously early – I’ve had most of my holiday presents for people since August! 

**********

Thanks McLean! Doesn't she sound like so much fun?? I might stalk her down for a Blate next time I'm home :)

PS- Interested in post-swaping? Leave me a comment or email me and let's set it up! 

29 comments:

McLean Robbins said...

Thank you so much for having me "guest" on your blog! I am definitely down for a blogger date when you are next in DC or I am next in California!!

nightclub guest list said...

In today's life clubbing industry has been here for several decades, but the logistics and guest list management is still in many cases very “old school” and paper based. Zeguestlist a great tool that optimizes guest list management With an easy one touch check.

Stephanie said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too!! :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Cool review!

Gotta get down to Southern California to explore :) Although SF and Napa are beautiful!

Off to visit her blog now!

Kirsten Harr said...

Oh fun! I'd love to do a post swap at some point in the future.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol 100mg online tramadol 50 mg while breastfeeding - safe place buy tramadol online

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol india buy tramadol visa - tramadol ultram uses

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol uk tramadol 717 - tramadol hcl vomiting

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam online illegal buy ativan online - ativan overdose do

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol next day buy tramadol online no prescription next day delivery - order tramadol online cod

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online mastercard overnight best place to buy tramadol online reviews - tramadol online pharmacy overnight

Anonymous said...

tramadol 50 mg tramadol addiction therapy - order tramadol online check

Anonymous said...

tramadol online cheap tramadol on line - long does 50mg tramadol take kick

Anonymous said...

tramadol online tramadol dosage mims - buy tramadol 200mg online

Anonymous said...

buy generic tramadol buy ultram online canada - трамадол таблетки

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online overnight klonopin for anxiety forum - companies make generic klonopin

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol order tramadol online overnight - cheap tramadol pharmacy

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol online tramadol gets me high - tramadol dosage human

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol medication tramadol hcl dosage humans - buy tramadol uk online

Anonymous said...

soma 350 mg soma drug test results - soma apartments bellevue

Anonymous said...

ativan pills lethal dose of ativan - ativan dosage cats

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod tramadol online pharmacy reviews - buy viagra tramadol

Anonymous said...

buy ambien ambien sleep dosage - ambien generic over the counter

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online no prescription klonopin 93 833 side effects - klonopin alcohol erowid

Anonymous said...

soma online best site buy soma - buy tickets soma san diego

Anonymous said...

generic zolpidem ambien side effects elderly - ambien cr price cvs

Anonymous said...

legal buy tramadol online tramadol 50 mg for migraine - tramadol 50mg like

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol dosage mg/kg - tramadol hcl 50mg tab for dogs

Anonymous said...

klonopin pill klonopin withdrawal ocd - klonopin withdrawal and depression