Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh, How Pinteresting: Christmas Cookie Style

 First things first, I am glad so many other people go with the convenience of the fake tree! The hubs gives me a hard time about it every year and says we should just suck it up and go with the real one, so it is great to know that so many of you are still sticking to the practicality of a fake tree.

Now, on to today, I'm linking up with The Vintage Apple's Oh, How Pinteresting series and I'm thinking about Christmas cookies. Yesterday, I admitted to Meg, over at henning love, that I didn't really have a favorite Christmas cookie since I have just recently learned to bake and she almost immediately emailed me back saying that we had to get together and get to baking because that was just crazy. Growing up, my Oma always had special German cookies she bought at the store and my mom made some amazing sugar cookies and gingerbread houses which she learned from my grandfather, but I don't really have anything specific to call my own. Last year, I attempted sugar cookies and they were pretty, and fun to make, after they cooled off, they were too hard to bite into. So this year, I'm determined to find a little holiday cookie tradition of our own.

Maybe some little reindeers?
via
 Or Christmas trees?
via
 O how about these guys?  I think they are hilarious, but I'm not sure if C would get it.
via
 Or try some traditional sugar cookies again?
via
 Graham cracker nativity? That pretty cute right? But would anyone else feel weird eating little marshmallow Baby Jesus?
via
 Maybe when we head home, my mom will share the family gingerbread recipe...
via
 Or I could jump on board with the cake pop trend, I am pretty confident with cake making skills.
via

What's your favorite Christmas cookie? Any recipes you can pass along?

8 comments:

Ivana said...

Christmas baking is one of my all-time favorite activities! Love these pictures, they´re an amazing source of inspiration!

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Style in the City

Mommyblogger said...

I don't really have a favorite Christmas cookie either! I've never tried cake pops but think they are adorable

Meg {henninglove} said...

Kate girl you are in luck Dec 12-16 is christmas cookie week on my blog. every day a new christmas cookie recipe and photos of course. so when are you gonna head down here for our baking extravaganza? ;-)

Loretta said...

Happy Wednesday Kate! I don't have a fave, but I love the cranberry, walnut ones...easy and very good!
Best Wishes,
Loretta

alicia said...

too cute!

Violet Tinder said...

Haha, I love the melting snowmen!! The pretzel reindeer ears look pretty tasty too... Make sure to take photos of whatever you end up making!
Violet Tinder

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

So many cute options! Those Christmas trees are amazing. I'm partial to gingerbread for Christmas and sugar cookies. Well, actually, I'm partial to any cookie and any time :)

fittingbackin said...

is it weird that I almost cried when I saw the snowman cookies?! I mean it's just so SAD - he's MELTING!