Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Across the Country

Last week, I put out a plea to y'all for picture of Spring and you definitely responded. You see, in Monterey, we have no real spring, and spring has always been one of my favorite seasons. Spring is full of hope and a sense of renewal; it is a time to start over and take a deep breath into the new life which lies ahead. And I am thankful for all you sweet blog friends who helped me get through my spring-less season by sending picture of spring where you are. Please stop by each of these lovely ladies and tell them how awesome they are!

First up, sweet Meyer smelling the Daffodils in Indiana. Thanks to Katie from The Happenings of the Hermans for sending this in.
My non-blogger, but good friend Renee, with her hubby and future baby girl under the Cherry Blossoms in DC.
 A fellow mommy of boys blogger, Cynthia, has just started to see spring in Colorado.
A Bradford Pear, one of my favorites, from Eloquent English.

 And Eliza sent me this tree from her parents' front yard. She says it always seems to bloom during Lent and is a great reminder of the new life that is coming.
 My bloggy BFF (it is ok if I call you that, right?) Lauren sent me some blooms from Portland. She also mentioned that the next day it was snowing in Oregon, so she was thankful for a few blooms ahead of time.
A beautiful shot of spring in Dc from my mom.
 A big thank you to Pam, at The Simple Details, for sharing this beauty, also from Colorado.
 Beautiful tulips from Heather of High Heels and Flip Flops.
Big props to Jenn who took this picture in Kentucky after leaving her 40 week baby appointment. She had the baby this week, so you should definitely go say hi to Baby Molly!
 I'm not really sure how to express my thanks to Malisa for sending the next two pictures. My beloved Auburn Plains. O, hello old friend. Spring in Auburn started way before it did on the upper East Coast and ever since college, I have wanted Spring to start March 1st.
 Best of all, Malisa gave an Auburn fan the best news of all: our Toomer's Oaks are budding this Spring, despite their poisoning last year. Thank Malisa for these pictures by ordering goodies from her bakery!
 Please also visit Kristen for other pictures of Alaska in the spring (which is actually still all snow!). She was kind enough to send pics, but for some reason, when I uploaded, the pictures were gray. Please still show her some love.

Thanks to everyone for bringing Spring a little closer to me.



19 comments:

Emily said...

WOW WOW WOW! What amazing photos! I never missed spring in California. But now I totally see what you mean. My goodness you have some talented friends.

TIffany Gabriel said...

This is my first time experiencing Spring like we are here in SC and I am loving it. The flowers and trees all in bloom and bright its so beautiful and so are these pictures!!!

Eloquent English said...

These are all wonderful pictures! One of my fave's is the one from you Mom!!! xoxo A-

Eliza said...

Beautiful! Thanks for featuring all of these :)

pam {simple details} said...

Such a fun idea, Kate! I loved seeing spring across the country! Thank you, I hope it gave you a litte spring fix!

Heather said...

Hmm, I'm not sure why the cherry blossom shot I sent over showed up grey, but that tulip photo without the credit is mine. It looks like you got some other great shots from DC, though!

Heather said...

P.S. Thanks again for featuring me! I love this idea, and it's so much fun to see everyone's photos!

Cynthia said...

Such beautiful photos! Spring is so wonderful...melts my heart every time ;) What a fun idea, Kate. Thanks for posting my little photo ;)

the lovebirds said...

what a neat post!!! I love these pictures. and springtime is literally the best. so refreshing and happy. xo

Laura said...

What a great idea for a post! Gorgeous photos :)

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing my photo! All of them turned out great:) Happy Spring!

Nikki said...

LOVE this idea and I needed it so much today in the RAIN. Thank you ;) I desperately want to go to DC

smk053078 said...

What a great idea! Everyone got such great shots!

Kristin said...

Sorry the picture didn't seem to work, Kate :( Thanks for the link-up though! I'm taking some spring-ish pictures around here though, so I'll be posting them soon! All those flowery pics are gorgeous.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Wow! Gorgeous pics! I would love to see the cherry blossoms in DC in person :)

laurenjeanallece said...

HUGS AT YOU!

I love all of these... I can't wait for a day off to explore all these blogs!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Beautiful! I love the Cherry Blossoms!!

xx

Jen

natasha {schue love} said...

These photos are all so gorgeous!! Wish we had spring around here...it's dumping snow!!!

Emily | Recently said...

How wonderful that the trees are blooming! I saw that story a while back and that it was just horrible!