Good Morning, Lovlies. Did you get in any trouble this weekend? Despite the mischief in his eyes, Bubba Monster was very well behaved.
Well, aside from trying to eat an entire orange.
His brother on the other hand spent Sunday morning like this...
After a Friday night gender reveal party with some friends (its a girl!) and two playdates followed by a night at home with friends on Saturday, we got mixed up with the time change and missed church, so opted for Creation-Appreciation Sunday instead.
The fam and I packed a little picnic and headed down on The 1 to pull over at a spot where we had seen trails along the ocean. Even since Cullen saw an episode of Sesame Street where Elmo and Telly go on a nature walk, he has become obsessed with the idea. We figured this would be the perfect spot to turn over some rocks and search for bugs.
Kev and Bennett enjoying the view from the top.
This was the highlight of his day. Such a boy isn't he?
The snail shells were a second favorite.
As the clouds parted a bit, the ocean filled with color.
Check out these fathering skills.
We made our way down to a little beach and Cullen's immediate reaction was to ditch the shoes.
And then to start climbing
which Bennett found incredibly amusing.
We spotted some pelicans flying overhead (not, according to toddler rankings, as cool as rolly-pollys).
Also not high on the list: waves crashing against rocks,
and the water spilling over them
and most definitely not unbloomed flowers.
Perfect weekend.*
*Except for convincing children that the new time is the right time to go to bed. Time changes are a mother's worst nemesis.
PS: Today is the last day to enter my giveaway, don't forget!
PS: Today is the last day to enter my giveaway, don't forget!
23 comments:
So darn cute. fabulous post, love. I hope you had an amazing weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post. xo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Hi, lovely pictures Kate! I love them!.:) thanks for sharing.. :) And you captured perfect!:) Hugs.. Keep sharing more ..:)
Your pictures just keep getting better and better! I love the idea of a Creation Appreciation Sunday :)
And the picture of the steps? Uh-mazing!
I love your Creation Appreciation and might have to use it with my family. Looks like a wonderful weekend!
Beautiful pics! Looks like the perfect Saturday :)
xx
Jen
Those pictures of the ocean are amazing, I love the colors! You guys have the best little adventures!:)
Next thing you know, you will have a pet snake living in your house...I miss the little ones!
I agree with everyone, spectacular photos. Spending all day in your underwear sounds good to me.
These pics are just beautiful!! And so is your family!!
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
These pictures have me craving a trip back to California as soon as possible!
These are beautiful!! So professional looking. Looks like a perfect family day x
Looks like you had a beautiful weekend with all 3 of your boys!!! Love the pictures!!!
Looks like a wonderful weekend! I love the idea of gender reveal parties and definitely hope to have one someday when we have kids. I'm with Cullen -- nature walks rock!
Your boys are going to have such wonderful memories of the ocean! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. And yes, the time change is throwing us for a little loop as well!
I cannot (and quite simply refuse) to get over how cute those boys are! I never really thought about it until my nephew was born and I was taking hundreds of photos, but kids these days are so lucky to be growing up in a time where photography is so accessible! They (and all of our families) will have so many memories!
I love the idea of "appreciating creation" in place of church every once in awhile. Definitely looks fun and carefree!
My compliments to that committed DAD! Woohoo! Beautiful photographs as usual. I tried to sign up for your giveaway but I'm not sure I did it right. :( LOVE the picture of the sea...
Your little boys are absolutely beautiful! Cute little blondies :-)
That's such a beautiful set of pictures! Looks like such a wonderful time!
Beautiful pictures and beautiful boys & now I really miss my beach house in Oregon because I loveeeeeee going on "nature walks" there!!!!!
Your pictures are gorgeous!! Very jealous I am not by the beach!!
great nature pictures! dontcha just love little boys:) congrats on the baby girl too- my first 2 are boys and my baby (1.5!) is a little princess. you are in for a fun filled family time!
oh goodness, just realized after your comment on my blog that the "gender reveal" was for a friend, and not for you! oops!! guess i got all tied up in all the pretty pictures and cute kiddos!!
Post a Comment