Thursday, November 1, 2012

How to Cure a Halloween Hangover

Moms and teachers, you know what I am talking about: the day after Halloween. Kids are over-stimulated, over-tired, over-sugared and over-prepared for the next super exciting thing that is definitely not coming.

So we wake up Thursday morning to two kids attempting to bargain for candy for breakfast, then melting down because mean ol Mommy says 'no'. They succumb to running around around the house with a bucket on their head. O, and it is cold and rainy, and not a school day.


 So what's a mom to do?

Bennett figured out early in the day that it was rainy out and wasn't afraid at all to head out back in his PJs.
 This is his 'I know I am doing something I am probably not supposed to, but if I look at you sideways, maybe you won't see me' face. 
 B's morning adventure in the rain helped me realize what we could do to cure the Halloween hangover: Play in the rain.








Hangover, cured.


19 comments:

Jen said...

How awesome!!! :) Yay for playing in the rain, they look so happy.

eas said...

Is there anything better than stomping around in your rainboots? We have quite the hangover in my house today.

Kristin said...

That sideways face? Id be helpless when confronted with it. We had a field trip today. Lucky me, right?

meghan said...

Oh yes, the Halloween Hangover is definitely there for teachers too. But I'm not sure that or the "I'm in costume so that means my brain is too" is worse. Have a wonderful Friday!

scrapperjen said...

I love the cure! Your photos are fantastic!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a lovely weekend!

meg said...

These are so cute photos. My boss told me that his 2 year old daughter (who barely ever eats candy) did the same thing yesterday as soon as she woke up. Candy always gets them!

Jenn said...

Sam didn't even EAT any candy or go trick-or-treating and he was a little hellion yesterday. So I dunno what it is about Nov 1, but whoooooEEEE it's ugly.
Bennett and that look. Ohmyword.

Also, where can I sign up for preschool 5 days a week? That exists right? Two days just isn't feeling like enough anymore.... ;)

Katie said...

Great idea and it definitely seems like it worked:)

Shannon said...

love the post processing on these. the colors are so vibrant.

Jordan said...

Hehehe I love that. I need to get my son some rain boots now.
Also, my son has the same face, only he turns it sideways and smiles, it's his "maybe if i look cute she wont get mad" face Lol.
Great post!
Your newest follower :)

Heather said...

Looks like they had a great time playing in the rain! That "sideways" face is awesome.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Looks like the best cure / candy fix ever!!!! Two happy boys and one blessed momma!!!!

Kristin said...

Haha, perfect! I too am a mean mommy that says no to treats for breakfast :)

Ashley said...

great cure for a halloween hangover!! Looks like they had a blast!

Cari said...

They look like they had a blast playing in the puddles

Kerry said...

You take such beautiful pictures Kate!! These are gorgeous but I especially love the one of Cullen running towards the camera on the street, stunning!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh my goodness...I love them in their raincoats and boots! Beyond precious!

Janna Renee said...

Haha I totally thought you meant a real hangover, but this is so much more fun and fitting! PS. Did you get all of our emails about the giveaway? I know Kait and I didn't get a reply, and we want to send you goodies.

stephanie said...

hahaha I had a halloween hangover! we had a boatload of snickers with almonds my favorite ;)