Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Part One

Hope you aren't tired of hearing about C's birthday yet because I have 2 posts left about it! Backing up to last Thursday, we received a gift in the mail with no card. It was a bucket of jungle animals, which he loves, but we don't know who sent it. So if it was from you, please let me know!
First thing Friday morning, we let him open his present from his Aunt Beth and Co. A super hero cape made his day as he ran around the house yelling 'Suuuuppperrr T-Ullen!"
So cute!
Apparently even little birthday boys need a little quiet alone time because Friday afternoon, I found him on the side porch like this:
Then, when Kev got home from work, we let him open a few little gifts from us, including a bubble gun:

And later that night sang him Happy Birthday, with a huge candle because I realized too late I didn't have any birthday candles:
He since I didn't put any forks on the table and he doesn't like to get his hands dirty, this is how he approached the cake:
Finally, he looked outside and saw that it was pouring down rain, turned to me with those big baby blues and said "Mommy, rain, puddles, splashing peeeeaaasssse" and it was his birthday, so I couldn't say no.
All in all it was a wonderful day to celebrate this sweet little life.

PS- My post from Thursday reappeared, so if you missed it, you can read it here.

3 comments:

AR said...

Hope you had an amazing bday weekend. Jungle Animals were from me...sorry they did not include the message! Can't wait to see the bday boy again!

fittingbackin said...

So i'm obsessed with his cape, and with his "quiet time" - that is too cute!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

too cute! I loved the CAPE!