Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Priorities

So I am now 36 weeks pregnant. And just in case you didn't know, someone was really mean when they coined women as being pregnant for 9 months, because it is no joke, 9 full months. I still have weeks 37, 38 and 39 to get through. And even though I am physically ready to get rid of the belly and have a baby in my arms, I have done very little to actually prepare for it. Baby still has no name if it comes out a boy and I haven't even considered what the nursery will look like for either. I haven't been walking to get my endurance up or doing yoga to help with labor. Nor have I bought diapers, thought about packing a hospital bag or pulled out the gender neutral 0-3 month old clothes.

Being 36 weeks also means that in 6 and a half weeks we will be moving. And I have not starting separating what should be packed with the movers, what needs to be packed to travel cross country with husband and what the kids and I will need to reside at my mom's for a month. We still don't have renters to cover our mortgage. And I have yet to wash my really dirty windows that I have been swearing to do since New Year's. I should probably be worried about all of these things, but you know what I am thinking about instead?

How much I want this dress:


And these shoes (and what a great early football season game-day outfit the combo would make):
Convincing my parents that their grandchildren miss them already, so they should come to Cali ASAP and spend some quality time with the kids. And as to not take any time away from them, husband and I can head 2 hours north and spend a weekend in Napa:
Continuing to also throw out to my parents that they should take us to Lake Tahoe for Christmas (isn't it fun to still pretend like parents are made of money and only want to spend it on us?):
Spending a lot of time researching my desire for a neutral, coastal house in Monterey:


And getting emotional over the amazingness of this kid who turns TWO on Friday:

Make me feel better and tell me there is a big difference between things that you should be doing versus things that you are doing!


*Images via BCBG, Nine West, California Tourism, and Coastal Living

4 comments:

AR said...

The irony of the entire situation is that you are probably more prepared for this child than someone who has bought diapers and read "Perfect Parenting" 15 times...its your calling Larrabee...you know you will be fine.

As for the move, I generally throw everything I own in trash bags, so you are prbably lightyears ahead.

And screw the windows...leave them for the renters.

MarmePurl said...

-What you are doing is what you should be doing.
-All a baby really needs is a car seat. The rest is just stuff.
-I am ready to hold baby too
-Yes to the babysitting for you to go to Napa thing!
- no to the Tahoe thing :(
- I want those green club chairs for the condo
-And Alysa...I just moved Tommy out of his dorm in 15 trash bags

Tyler said...

All this trash bag talk makes me think of Angelina on Jersey Shore! Bahahaha!

I would like to go to all of the above places with you in matching dresses and shoes. We should do it!

fittingbackin said...

I'm with Alysa - screw the windows! And OMG love the dress + shoes. You crack me up but it really does sound like, regardless of what you think, you have it all under control! I love your style and would heart joining you in Napa, Lake Tahoe, or in that coastal home - FAB!! I can't believe he's going to be two - WOW!