Thursday, May 26, 2011

Progress

Happy Friday Friends! A few updates from my list of things I need to do (but last week was not motivated to do):
1. Our NC house is rented, yay! In a fun twist, the family that is renting our house is moving here from California and they have a 1 year old son. It makes me happy to know that another young family will be occupying our home and I hope they love it, and Winston, as much as we did.
2. We secured our house in Cali. Double yay! It is the exact floor plan we were hoping for, in the neighborhood we wanted. And now I can stock up on fabric and furniture since I have a layout to work with. Isn't it cute? I think we will be happy there.
3. I bought some newborn diapers, a pack of onsies, and when my mom was here last week, we picked out a little boy and a little girl's outfit for her to go pick up once baby comes.
4. I washed the two windows in the dining room that drive me crazy when the sun sets and I can see the dirt from my couch. I'm agreeing with Kelly and Alysa and leaving the rest for the renters :)

In other news, we had a great visit from Kev's little brother Mike this week:
We took C to Krispy Kreme for the first time.
And spent Thursday afternoon at one of my most favorite places in Winston:


So now it is a nice long weekend with just our little family. I can't wait! I am also accepting any and all vibes to go into labor so I can enjoy a beer on Memorial Day :)

What are your Memorial Day Weekend plans?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Love the house. Ah, California! How I long for thee! (I grew up there)

fittingbackin said...

Love the progress - the new house looks fabulous and that's too cool about the family moving in to yours. :) Glad you left the windows!