Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Part Two

Alright, here is the last round of birthday posts: all about the party! We invited all the people who have been good to us the past 3 years, including our awesome friends, the wonderful people we work with and some of C's little friends from the neighborhood. It was a great time to be able to host everyone before baby comes and we take off for the West Coast.

As luck would have it, C was a big ol grump pot leading up to the party and spent his afternoon like this:
But started to cheer up with he saw the mantel shrine I made for him. Its good for his ego right?
And how stinking adorbs did his cake turn out? A friend of a friend made it, in her house, for $25... so stellar.
It literally rained all day on Saturday except between the hours of 4-5, right in the middle of the party. We were so lucky the kids got to go outside on the deck and play for a little while!

We moved C's little table into the dining room so he could be front and center for the celebration. Look how excited I, I mean, he is for the cake:


Again with the face first approach:
How much do you love his little outfit? I am a sucker for baby boys in plaid jon-jons. Can't help it, I think they are so cute.
And here we are opening gifts. Our friends are truly amazing and blessed him with great stuff!
Thanks to all who made Cullen's second birthday a special one!

3 comments:

fittingbackin said...

Love the shrine, love the cake, heart the little gingham outfit he's rocking - great pics! I'm glad the party went well and that he cheered up!!

Martha Metzler said...

You look gorgeous lady! And of course we hated to miss it! Looks like he had a great time!

AR said...

You should get Kev one of those plaid outfits :)