Friday, June 17, 2011

Buh-Bye Winston

Larrabees Out. That is right friends, after months of reading about it, we are officially moved from Winston. The boxes were packed and loaded and will start making their way cross country soon.


Before we left, I took this little man for his (almost) two week check up. Boyfriend gained a pound and 3 ounces and grew 2 inches in a week. Rockstar.
In the meantime, my boys and I arrived at the farm last night to set up shop for a few weeks.
We are looking forward to a little more time on the East Coast and thankful for some extra help as I still adjust to the two kid thing. Kev leaves next week to get settled in Cali and we will follow in a month.

Pulling away from Winston was a lot sadder than we expected; this little southern town has been good to us. It was the first time Kev and I lived in the same city, where we started our family, where we met lifelong friends, the first house we owned and just simply an easy place to live. While we are excited about moving on, it is definitely weird to think that we will never live there again. We will miss the people and quality of life, and even though Kev and I weren't raised on the word "y'all", we are pretty determined to bring it with us to the West Coast. It just makes sentences happier don't you think? Thanks to everyone who made our time in North Carolina so special. We will miss y'all!

4 comments:

Erin said...

:( You'll be missed! But here's to your new adventure.

Martha Metzler said...

I'm really glad I went first otherwise I would have been chasing after the Yukon with snot all over my face ;)

Laura said...

Miss y'all too... And Martha, I took care of that for you so no worries. ;) We miss you too!

fittingbackin said...

So sweet! Moving on is always sad - well bitter sweet I suppose. Love that you're taking that west coast - naturally!!