Friday, June 3, 2011

Easy Applique and an Update

Earlier this week, I gave you a sneak peak of a little project I was working on. Cullen is a lucky boy to have 5 boy cousins (all ages 4 and under) and next week they all happen to be heading to the beach together. Unfortunately, we will be unable to join them since we are awaiting Baby, but I was still feeling beach inspired and decided to make them all coordinating appliqued t-shirts. Here is how the process went:

1. Gather supplies. Sewing machine, scissors, fabric (I bought a bunch of fab quarters from Jo-Anns for $1.99 a piece) and Heat-n-Bond Adhesive.
2. Cut out fabric to size, iron it onto Heat-n-Bond. Do not cut shape out until fabric is attached to adhesive. This keeps the edges of the fabric from fraying.
3. Draw shape on the back if you don't feel comfortable just cutting away. (Then, if you are like me, re-do it anyway because you realized the whale was going in the opposite direction of all the other patterns.)
4. Cut out pieces and make sure they are going to look adorable on your tshirt. Check.
5. Peel away the back of the iron-on adhesive from the fabric.
6. Place on shirt where you want it and iron on.
7. Sew a seam around the applique for good measure.
8. Add a little button eye and then give yourself a little clap because you just made an uber cute shirt!
Here is the whole group together. One for each of my inlaws' grandbabies. Aren't they precious? (Sorry the picture is dark, I didn't finish them until last night. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a pic of all the boys, and baby, rocking them in the next few weeks.)
In other news, unless something happens today or this weekend, I am scheduled to be induced to have the baby on Monday. So I am going to enjoy these last few days with my precious boys, then probably be out of touch for a bit. Although, I promise to at least let you know when the baby is born, what it is and what we name the little bean.

Please pray for a safe and quick delivery, and for a healthy, healthy baby! And have a great weekend!

3 comments:

AR said...

COME ON BABY! Also...KT can you make me one of those for my trip to Hawaii? I prefer the onesie style; they are adorable!

Tyler said...

Those are the most adorable shirts I have ever seen in my life. Jasper is coming to visit soon and he may need personalized outfits made by Aunt Ty. Sending good baby vibes your way!

Erin said...

I smell an Etsy shop coming on.