Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Great Weekend

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic. Three of my best friends from high school made the trip from NYC and DC down to ol Loo-ray to visit with my boys and me. Alysa, Cate and Laura also made the trip last February to Winston; they are so good to me and my little family and I love them dearly! The weekend was full of mountains and wine:
Bonding with Baby B:


Another group shot on the property, this time with Cullen, who loves these girls more than anything:
Bennett took a little rest under his mosquito net while we played in the pool:


And C flirted with his girlfriends over dinner:
I put in the request for my mom's fried chicken and we all stood around and watched in awe as she created an awesome meal:
Laura found a new true love in my mom's biscuits and country apple butter:
Somehow, these were the only two pieces left of Alysa's chicken breast. We are pretty sure she ate bones:
Saturday night, my dad made us a huge bonfire and my mom bought us stuff to make smores. There is a great benefit to having your parents around... It was like high school, but better, since we couldn't get in trouble for drinking.

And early Sunday morning, Baby B and I took in the sunrise, thankful for the wonderful day and the friends who love us so much. I know how lucky it is to have really true friends, especially ones who have been in my life for 14 years and who go out of their way to see me and make my boys feel special.
Love you girls, thanks for everything!

2 comments:

AR said...

Thank YOU for everything...what a fantastic weekend. I might come spend Christmas at the farm.

fittingbackin said...

LOVE all of the shots - especially this last one and the one of you girls all looking at your little one! Now I want to go to a bonfire - how fun!!