For a few weeks now I have been mentioning Ralph, Cullen's evil twin who is proving that the 'terrible two's' are in fact a real phase. After a few days of stalking this dreadful toddler (and deciding to take pictures of him instead of dealing with him), I have finally captured a few moments which show Ralph in all of his glory.
Unlike sweet, loving, agreeable Cullen, Ralph can throw a f-i-t. Specifically if he wants something and I won't give it to him, like my camera, which he loves to take pictures with. Cullen will say "Otay Mommy" and find something else to keep him occupied, while Ralph will stomp his feet, cry and make faces like this:

He can cue big alligator tears whenever he wants to and make sounds like a dying cat:

And it is not just the temper tantrums that make me crazy, Ralph has several other undesirable personality traits. Precious Cullen leaves his paci and blankie in the bed when he wakes up and knows it can't come downstairs, but sometimes, it is Ralph in the bed instead and he gives me crazy eyes and refuses to give his lovies up:

He is also very mischievous and too smart for his own good. I once I had tell Ralph to stop laying on his brother. He wouldn't stop doing it so he had to go to timeout (Ralpha spends a lot of time there). Shortly after his release, he looked at me and said "I no lay on him, but I jump on broder?"

Lastly, Ralph can be a little snot and do things like when I tell him to say cheese and take a nice picture with my mom, he sticks out his tongue:

So there you have it, in keeping with the honesty of my
it's not always sunny posts, you can see that life with a two year old can be difficult. Luckily, Ralph doesn't live with us and often goes on vacation, but when he does comes to visit, it can get ugly. For the sake of my sanity, I hope you don't hear too much from him, but from time to time, I am sure I will have stories to share. And like the lie every mother must tell herself, at least now you know it's not the sweet baby I raised, but this impostor who steals Cullen's personality. Right? Right.
5 comments:
HILARIOUS post Katie!
Katie... hahahahaha ahhh,
I have to stop crying to write this.
brings back a remarkable memory..
have you asked Kevin what his evil twins name was???
While I would miss years of his life with incredible distance between us, i was able to meet the nasty double one trip.
WooHoo...memories.
Thank Goodness that nasty was retired for good fairly quick.
Love to you all. I do so enjoy your blog & your pictures. You are a fantastic & beautiful person & Mom !
Love Aunt Sheila
Oh my goodness that was hilarious! I hate that Ralph makes visits, but it makes for really funny blog material!
Hey Katie,
I loved reading about Ralph!! We also had, and still have, 2 evil twins who come to visit us-lately on a regular basis...Phoebe (Sarah's friend) and Esmeralda (Carly's friend). Connor's twin Zach left us awhile ago, and we hope he never comes back! :)
Post a Comment