Let me preface this post by telling you that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I was at the farm with just the boys and I assure you, country noises are much more prevelant when you are alone. Plus Baby B decided to wake 3 times instead of his usual once, the last time ending us on the front porch at 5am because he was being so stubborn about falling back asleep. Then, at 6am we fell asleep on the couch, only to be woken up at 6:20 to "Mommmmmmmy! Come 'ere!!". This is how the rest of the morning went, try not to judge too hard:
Cullen: Mommy, I want pancakes.
Me: Honey, I'm not making pancakes.
Cullen/Ralph: Paaaaannnnccccaaaaaaakkkkkeeessssssssssssss!
Me: Dude. No pancakes.
Walk into the kitchen, consider for 4 seconds making pancakes, opt for more coffee instead, luckily remember my mom made apple pancakes the other day and there are leftovers in the fridge. Take them out, heat them up, cover them in sugar, serve to Ralph.
Ralph (tries one bite): Mommy, I no like these pancakes.
Me: Ralph, eat your pancakes now.
Ralph (stomping and crying): Mommy, I NO LIKE 'EM.
Me: Eat. Your. Pan.Cakes. See? Mommy likes them, they are really yumm- O MY GOD they are covered in SALT. GROSS!
Cullen: Mommy?
Me (Hanging head in shame): Buddy, you are right, these are bad pancakes. Let's go buy a new toy.
We all have our moments.
4 comments:
OH MY GOSH - HILARIOUS!!!! This made me laugh out loud! I am glad I'm not a mommy... I probably would've made him eat them without trying a bite myself and never known my mistake! SUPER funny story though!
Bahahahaha! That's too funny! You will have to give us a back story on Ralph sometime.
Ah! The joys of motherhood! I miss all those fun happenings....savor them all, they go by too, too fast!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!
Post a Comment