Friday, July 15, 2011

Portraits By an Artist as a Young Man

Cullen discovered how to take pictures a few days ago. He can't hold my camera on his own, so he positions it on a table or piece of furniture so he can get a picture of a specific thing. It's rather smart actually. Here is a sampling of his early work, appropriately title in what I assume he was thinking.

Bummy's Car- C assigns my middle brother Andy all his cool cars and thinks he lives in a castle. This of course is ironic since Cullen also thinks Andy's name is 'Bum'
I Fix It- C thinks everything is broken and he needs to fix it. I bought him a toy tool belt the other day, but he still asks for Papa's 'real tools'. Unfortunately, he likes the hammer and the power tools the best. I'm hoping this comes in handy one day.
Tommy's Home!- While we were up in DC earlier this week, C waited by the door for uncles and his grandpa to come home. When Tommy walked in, C immediately instructed him to sit on the couch so he could take a picture. I actually think this is a great pic of Tommy.
Broder's seeeping- For the sake of not having to say "please don't wake up brother!" again, I sometimes let B nap in the carseat because there is a lesser chance of 30 pounds of toddler laying on top of him there.
Mommy's Silly Face- we had to try this picture several times until he was happy with the outcome. Apparently I don't follow direction well. So much for my modeling career.

What are you up to this weekend? We are having a spray paint palooza today at the farm, so I will have a lot of projects to share with you next week!

No comments: