Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Birthday Party

Friday afternoon, we got together with friends to celebrate Cullen's 3rd and Bennett's 1st Birthdays. Even though B won't turn one until June 5th, it worked out perfectly to have a joint party.
 My party-prep: goodie bags, the beginnings of Rosemary Lemon Drops, a glass of wine, balloons and my phone for texting bloggy BFFs Lauren and Jenn.
 This punch was so light and refreshing. It was drained by the end of the party. You can find the recipe in the latest issue of Better Homes & Gardens.
 We are very lucky that we have a brand new community center right up the street from our house. We rented out the multi-purpose room, which had plenty of space to mix and mingle, plus a fenced in playground attached to it. I attempted to get a picture of the boys in their coordinating seasucker before they made a mess of themselves.
 It was not successful.
My friend Apryl made these amazing cupcakes. Pinapple-Carrot, Smores and Cookie Dough. I have no words for how good they were.

 When do I get the cupcake? I heard that I get a cupcake today. Seriously. When?
 For the first hour, the kids ran around outside while the adults enjoyed some beverages and dinner inside (hamburgers and hotdogs, we kept it simple!)



 

Then it was time for Happy Birthday.

 Are you seeing this, Daddy? I can't get enough in my mouth at once.

All the ladies
 Most of the guys
 Bennett, clearly in to opening his gifts
 Cullen thanking Ms Apryl for the gifts and the cupcakes.

 My sweet family.
 The party was such a success and we were incredibly humbled by the love everyone showed to Cullen and Bennett. Our time in Monterey is becoming more special everyday and it is largely due to the wonderful people we have surrounding us.

Thank y'all so much for showering our boys with affection and celebrating their joyous little lives!

27 comments:

TIffany Gabriel said...

Those cupcakes look fabulous!!!!! Do you just love how the relationships you can build with others allows them to quickly become family. You and your boys (all 3) are so blessed!!!! Happy Birthday to the little two!!!

Laura said...

It looks so fun! Love that last photo :) your dress is gorgeous too!

Susan said...

Yum yum!! You have a talented friend, those look amazing. And I love your dress! and your boys are adorable! What a lovely family photo!

Kristin said...

That looks like the perfect party!! So lucky that you have a big fun group of friends to celebrate with! Happy Birthday to your boys!!

Megan C. Stroup said...

What a sweet party! I love the little trains with the boys' names on them. And thanks for your comment on my post yesterday; it was a great Saturday! :)

Mamasita said...

YAAAY for fun birthdays!!!! :)
Your family is darling!
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday evening - whipping up some pasta and putting my feet up!
All the Best,
Maggie

Kristina said...

What a fun party!! You have a beautiful family! Love the Thomas cupcakes!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog. Happy to follow you back!

xoxo,
Kristina

dbirkel said...

Once again...awesome pictures of your beautiful family.
Those cupcakes are decadent!!!
Looking forward to seeing you and the little ones soon!
Love to all!
"Grandma" Donna

Ashley said...

Your dress is gorgeous!!!!! The party looks so fun!

Katie said...

Looks like the perfect party to me! Good idea doing a joint bash. You look beautiful as always and the boys are cute as ever and looking like they were loving every second:) Happy Birthday boys!

Adrienne said...

This is so cute! What a fun time!

Jenn said...

That looks like such a success party, Kate!! Mostly in part to your balloon-blowing and gift-bag-installation, OBVIOUSLY.

I love the "train names" and the cupcakes are gorgeous! Such a great idea to celebrate the birthdays together. I love the pics of the boys. Cullen looks SO HAPPY in every picture and Bennet looks like he thoroughly enjoyed those cupcakes.

Congrats to you and Kev for pulling it off!! ("It" being the party and 3 years of successfully raising human children.)

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous party! Looks like a grand time! I love the last picture of you guys...such a great family picture! And, I LOVE your dress! You look beautiful!

Joeylee said...

The party turned out great. Cute pictures. Those cupcakes look really good

laurenjeanallece said...

@Jenn first of all, I love that you qualify "human children". Please come to the west coast immediately, if not sooner.

But also, I second everything Jenn said! This looks like a blast, more amazing photos (psh, like we expect anything else) and I am seriously craving one of those drinks you told me about (blog date soon, yes?)

And finally, I love you dress! Hot mama!

Oh, and love the "kid in a box" picture - was that a punishment or just for fun? One never knows...

Kristin said...

I love your dress and sandals!
And I'm trying not to stare at those cupcakes too much because I might lick the screen :)
How convenient for you to have one big day of celebration!

Tami said...

Looks like the perfect party to celebrate your two little guys! That punch looks amazing and so beautiful! Love, love, love your dress and shoes pretty lady!

KERRY said...

What an awesome looking party you threw! The colours in those first few pics are so beautiful and bright and those cupcakes look delicious!!
I smiled at that pic of Cullen holding the balloon blocking Bennet's face lol
And did you notice how most of the women are holding babies and most of the men are holding beer? Lol
Great family pic at the end :)
You looked really pretty too!

Sue said...

love the Bennett and the cupcake shot. He looks like he enjoyed it. I too noticed the men and their beers the girls with their babies, typical!

Heather said...

What a cute party! I just love those Thomas cupcakes. Happy birthday to the boys!

Jayme and Mendi said...

You guys are such an adorable family! Happy birthday to both of the boys.

I was eyeing that recipe for the Rosemary Lemon Drops this weekend in BH&G. We're having people over this weekend & I think I'm going to make it!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Lauren said...

what a fabulous party! love all the colorful details!

your family is too cute!

Cara said...

Wow, what a party! The punch, the cupcakes and your beautiful family! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all :) May I ask where your beautiful striped dress is from, it's summer perfection!

Nicole Marie said...

Such a cute party Kate! Love those cupcakes!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful family photo! And what a fun birthday party. I hope both the boys had an amazing time!

Jess said...

What a fun birthday party! I love the colors of the goodie bags! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and good luck on the Nautical Wheeler Giveaway!

Chrissi Holt said...

Those cupcakes are fabulous ! You are all so cute :))