Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Today, We Fly

The boys and I (with the saintly help of my sister in law) are heading across country for the month.

Please pray that the boys don't spend 7 hours of flight times doing this
And please forgive me because I haven't gotten through my blog roll in a week, so if you haven't heard from me, I promise I will be catching up soon.

Also my inbox is full of emails awaiting responses, but here are some answers to questions I have not answered from some of you:
-I did get my hair cut, bye-bye 6 inches.
-The pink dress I was wearing was my SILs and from a boutique in VA
-We live in Monterey, CA
-I am incredibly lucky to have such a cool and gorgeous sister in law
-Yes, my kids are the cutest boys on the planet

And nn the perfect storm of events, Random.org selected #10 as my giveaway winner. #10 just so happened to be the hilarious Jenn who said:
Hmm. Summer essential. Besides an a/c unit? And yoga capris? (Obviously yoga PANTS are just too warm for this weather and SHORTS will not be happening anytime soon..) And I believe that wine is a given.
I'd say that sunglasses are my must-have summer item. I mean, you saw the sun blazing through our back door. It will burn your retinas out if you give it the chance.

Jenn, I am pretty sure winning nail polish and earrings was some sort of bloggy divine intervention. Send me your address and I will get your treats in the mail!

Lastly, I've jumped on the instagram bandwagon, so come join the picture conversation. My name is katedaffodils.

Ok, off to try and squeeze more things into my suitcase and google 'how not to loose my mind today.' Don't forget to join us on instagram to see how that plan is going!


21 comments:

Shelly said...

I hope the flying goes quickly for you. I know how exhausting it is flying with two little boys. And I give you tons of credit for doing it across the country.

Shelly said...

I added you to my instagram too. It's addicting.

Joeylee said...

Safe travels & I hope the boys are good on the flight. I've never flown with my girls. Have fun

Heather said...

Have a great trip! It's so awesome that you'll have help and not be on your own with the boys. I hope they are on their best behavior for the flight!

Shannon said...

Good luck and safe travels!

I'm following you on instagram now. (sitting_in_a_tree_blog)

Ashley said...

Across the country???? I will definitely say a prayer for you. When you get back you need to give some tips on what to do...just in case I ever decide to try it!

Mamasita said...

safe travels sista!
:)

laurenjeanallece said...

Praying for a safe (and meltdown free) trip for you guys! I'm actually at Starbucks right now making time to catch up on emails so there will be at least one more item in your inbox waiting for you.

(and dammit, you're leaving today... well, let's just say there will be a package waiting for you when you get home - tell Kev not to open it without you!)

TIffany Gabriel said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip and I look forward to reading all about it!!!!!

TIffany Gabriel said...

PS: I'm now following you on Instagram.

TIffany Gabriel said...

PS:. I'm now following you on instagram!!

Jenn said...

OMG the style gods were definitely at work on that one. I am so excited. :) Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Amy G. said...

Have so much fun and safe (and smooth) travels!!!

Stephanie said...

Hope your travels are going well!!! I'm sure the boys are being fantastic!!!

Kristin said...

You can do it! I hope you have a schedule worked out that will give you time to relax and enjoy your time on the east coast. :)

Adrienne said...

Wishing you happy and safe travels!

Beth Ann said...

Hope you have a great trip! Looking you up on instagram now! ;)

Ally Garner said...

You know they make pre-made cocktails in little bags, right? I saw them in Publix just last week. Here's hoping you had a BIG one before getting on that plane. Or after. Also, you win saintly mother of the year!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Hope you had a smooth flight with the boys :) From your instagram photos, I think you were mighty prepared!!

marie said...

Haha, good luck with googling how not to lose your mind. My advice for traveling with little ones, suckers, such a cheap shot but it works.

Eliza :: Case Study said...

I just started following you on Instagram yesterday! :) Here's hoping your flight goes smoothly!! xoxo, eliza