Thursday, August 8, 2013

Send Over the General Tso's. And the Wine.

I'm definitely not in labor.

After having contractions all night Tuesday and seeing progress at my weekly check up yesterday, I was sure we would be in the hospital today. But no such luck. Looks like Baby changed him mind because I feel completely normal now. 

Yesterday afternoon, I tried to go for a walk down by the river while my mom puttered behind with the boys, but as I walked away Bennett lost his mind like my mom was trying to kidnap him, so that was a fail. Then I tried to walk when Kev got home, but I pinched my sciatic nerve again and limped on back defeated. 

I'm trying really hard to be patient {lie} so we are going to pack our day with fun activities like spending money at Target, going to the Sprinkler Park and re-reading Jenn's post about getting a Korean massage, simply because it makes laugh really hard. I'll probably be vacuuming a lot too because that broke my water with Bennett, so if you house is dirty, feel free to give me a call.

In the meantime, thank yall so much for you kind words and love. You all love some pregnancy updates (yesterday was my most viewed post ever) and seem to be just as excited as we are about expanding this little town of crazy that I call my family. I love blogging and your support makes it so much better!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some furniture to rearrange and jumping jacks to do.

20 comments:

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

Get out, baby!!!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I have some windows that need cleaning if you fancy it!!

Meghan said...

Sciatic nerve pain sucks! Maybe Bennett is sensing that things will be changing soon and just wants you close by :-). Hopefully baby comes soon!

fittingbackin said...

Giving "jump it out!" a whole new meaning! Hang in there - I selfishly am enjoying baby watch. :) Have fun at Target - I'm thinking of going to spend $ at Gap today. lol

Semper Ag said...

Well...since I have no nesting instinct with this child...I'll gladly let you "nest" for me. Come on over and vacuum!

eas said...

Will you please enail me your address??

Shannon said...

I'm not so patiently awaiting the arrival of your little guy, so I can totally get what you are going through!

Kristin said...

Put extra spice on that Chinese food.

Jen said...

Darn too bad you can't fly to Texas to vacuum for me. ;)

Heather said...

Hoping it happens soon for you! Feel free to come clean my place in Alexandria! :)

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

Fingers crossed for you girl! If you were closer I would let you vacuum my house.

Amanda said...

Come on baby!!!! He's not ready to meet the world yet. And who can blame him? Haha. I'm waiting for that announcement though!

Erin said...

I recommend watching Sinbad's Afros and Bellbottoms, and Jim Gaffigan's Mr. Universe. Hard laughter might help move things along. And Jenn's post absolutely made me laugh hard.

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Red raspberry leaf tea. They sell it at vitamin shops. My midwife recommended it as a natural way to bring on labor. I drank some one morning at 8am and by 9am we were at the hospital with contractions! ;)

Unknown said...

I'm putting my money on an August 9th birthday for this little guy! You are sooooo close! Hang in there...the waiting around and just not knowing is soooo hard. But he WILL come out eventually. I remember being so miserable with my 2nd that I would just recite to myself over and over, "I will not be pregnant forever, I will not be pregnant forever." haha!

Katiern827 said...

Thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Spending money at Target made me lol. That should make everyone feel better. HA! Home stretch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:

Rachel Ross said...

Ahh can't wait to hear about his arrival!! Hopefully he makes his entrance sooner rather than later!! :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

COME ON BABY D, the World wants to meet you!!!

April McCormick said...

I hope as I type this you are eating some Generals Tso's. I vacuumed my pregnant butt off, and Now Ollie gets excited when I turn on the Vacuum. I'm hoping one day soon I can turn the job over too him.

Common Big Boy mamma needs some wine and Chicken!!