Monday, August 5, 2013

The Weekend We Did A Lot and Photo Documented Very Little

Friday:
I had dinner with my besties from high school, followed by a rendez-vous on Alysa's swanky roof deck with several other high school friends who I haven't seen in forever. It was so great to catch up with the girls and visit with everyone else, even though I got a lot of weird looks walking down U St in DC 38 weeks pregnant. I was also promptly in sweatpants after patting myself on the back for wearing heels and staying out until 11. While I was out, Kev got to hang with his best friend Chris who was in town with his Reserve unit.

Saturday:
Bought a new couch! I had been debating getting a sectional, but we decided it was impractical since we will move again in a few years and we might not have the space for one. So I ended up with just the single couch from IKEA. Now, I just need to figure out exactly how to set up this space (and have a baby) and then I'll have you all over for cheese and wine.

New couch buying was followed by lunch with my in-laws. Which was followed by putting together furniture.

Which was followed by dinner with some new-to-me friends (an old teammate of Kev from West Point) who also have 3 boys. It is always great to connect with a new family and we definitely look forward to spending more time with Matt, Shawn and their boys.

Sunday:
We tried a new church. The boys and I had been a few times to mass down in Luray, but it was out first trip as a family in the past few weeks. I had a lot to pray for and felt renewed coming out. I think we will still try a few Catholic churches in the area before picking our home church though.

After Mass we decided to take the boys to the zoo because another day of cleaning, organizing and running errands had to sound terrible to them. Plus, the National Zoo is one big hill and I was hoping it would induce labor (no luck).

Sunday Afternoon:
Dropped my men off at home and went to visit my Opa in the hospital. He is having a pacemaker put in today and Oma is also not feeling well, so we are saying a lot of prayers for both of them.

Sunday Evening:
Had my older brother Joey and his girlfriend Caitlin over for dinner.The boys were in to the appetizer plate.

And Sunday night we put one exhausted family to bed.

It is hard to believe that we fit all that into one weekend. Now if I could just get some labor going, I would be really happy. 39 weeks today!

21 comments:

Kristin said...

I think today was the day I picked for labor! Hope you get to meet that baby soon!

I love the couch and the new house looks light and airy. You'll have it put together in no time.

Rachel Ross said...

Looks like a busy, fun weekend! Hope that baby makes its appearance soon!! :)

Joeylee said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. 39 weeks already, wow. Your almost ther

Shannon said...

Wow - that is pretty busy.

And we were the opposite. It was one of the most relaxed weekends we've had all summer.

Good luck having a baby this week. ;)

Jen said...

Hope baby comes soon!!!! :)

Kathryn said...

Fun weekend!! Fingers crossed baby comes this week!! :)

Heather said...

Definitely sounds busy! I love the new couch and hope your Opa is doing all right today.

Unknown said...

Guess I was wrong :( I thought baby would be here on Sunday! Oh well...soon enough!
GO YOU for going out until 11 pm IN HEELS!!! You are a better woman than I...I pretty much spent the last few weeks horizontal, waiting for baby to come.

eas said...

You are the busiest abottto-have-a-baby person I know! Baby's coming today, I can feel it!

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous you got new couches. We need need ones desperately.

Ashley said...

Action packed weekend!!

Love all the pictures that couch is so great!

Shawna said...

Cute couch! Hope that baby comes soon for you!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Glad to see your settling in. I have the hardest time meeting people when we move to a new place. I think thats why I'm so not looking forward to our next move, next summer.

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

You guys always do so much!! B calls his grandparents Oma and Opa too :)

Jessie said...

Way to be so active while so pregnant. I'm impressed! Friends are always worth the energy. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Jessie said...

Way to be so active while so pregnant. I'm impressed! Friends are always worth the energy. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Jessie said...

Way to be so active while so pregnant. I'm impressed! Friends are always worth the energy. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You WERE busy! I love the new couch. It looks great in your living room!
I'm not sure when you delivered your first two, but I went the longest with Lily. D was born at 35 weeks, Lexie at 38 weeks, and Lily stayed put until 39 weeks, 1 day. I hope this one comes before then, because I was ready to be done by that point!!!
Best of luck, mama. It will be soon!

Jenn said...

Come on, Baby!

I'm impressed with all you accomplished in a weekend. Especially pregnant! I am like Sloth Lady by that point.

Semper Ag said...

We need a belly pic!

Janna Renee said...

My parents are Oma and Opa to my niece and nephews!! Sounds like you guys got a lot done for your condition, so good job, haha.