Happy Friday my friends, and Happy August!
Let's jump into the weekend with a little taste of the craziness around here. As in the past, Cullen's phrases are highlighted in green.
(And Monterey friends, some of these will only be funny to you. We are still adjusting to East Coast life).
*****
Ah, cloudy and 65, what a nice morning!
Let's jump into the weekend with a little taste of the craziness around here. As in the past, Cullen's phrases are highlighted in green.
(And Monterey friends, some of these will only be funny to you. We are still adjusting to East Coast life).
*****
Ah, cloudy and 65, what a nice morning!
Mommy, it's cloudy out, do I need to wear pants?
I keep calling Route 1, "The 1" and it's not. It's just not.
You know you can't do that when the baby is in there, right?

Kev: Ribs and shrimp was an interesting dinner combo, but I liked it.
Bennett: Ow! Ow! Ow!
Me: What's wrong?
Bennett: Jumped. Table. Downstairs. Ow on my foot.
Me: No jumping off of tables.
I never want to drive on that road.
I know I keep saying this, but where do all these people come from? So. Many. People. Everywhere. To check out at the commissary, you had to snake through two freezer aisles, then it split into two sides going up to the registers.
{When out without the boys}
Stranger: Ooooo when are you due?
Me: Any day now.
Stranger: Boy or Girl?
Me: It is my 3rd boy
Stranger {Looks of shock and horror}: Are you sure? Were you trying for a girl?
This is my serious painting face. Take a picture, Mommy.

I know that the baby's dropped because I keep going to rest my cup on my belly and missing.
Look, I can ride without my feet!
Mommy, that aquarium was no good. They only had like 3 or 4 jellyfish.
Should I take the banana or do you think he will finish it when he wakes up?
Hunh.
Stranger: Ooooo when are you due?
Me: Any day now.
Stranger: Boy or Girl?
Me: It is my 3rd boy
Stranger {Looks of shock and horror}: Are you sure? Were you trying for a girl?
This is my serious painting face. Take a picture, Mommy.

I know that the baby's dropped because I keep going to rest my cup on my belly and missing.
Look, I can ride without my feet!
Mommy, that aquarium was no good. They only had like 3 or 4 jellyfish.
How are the walls so dirty already?
Cullen's new friend knocked on the door this morning and asked if he could come over play. I have a child old enough to just 'go over and play' without me needing to be there. *sigh*
Can I tinkle outside in our new yard, or just at the farm?
Hunh.
I promise this is the last curtain rod I'll ask you to hang. {Lie}
Is it bad that I don't feel guilty that the boys have spent the night with my mom once a week? All those times as a kid I pleaded to stay at my grandparents and my parents 'reluctantly' agreed...they were totally faking it.
I think the Baby Brother is going to have stinky feet just like me and Bubs.
******
Happy Weekend!








16 comments:
My parents live in Ft. Bragg and their commissary is always SHENANIGANS!!!!!!! It's a little much for me to be honest.
That commissary line? No thanks. I just can't deal with long lines.
That painting face is legit. So much concentration!
Oh strangers and their comments towards pregnant women! It's like there are no boundaries.
And your life's controlled chaos is only going to get crazier really soon. :)
Oh the traffic and the crowds!! Not sure how I would do if I went back to that. People will seriously say anything to pregnant women, what is the deal there??
I really hate when people give me pity when I told them I was having another boy. lol can't control it folks blame the husband if you are that concerned with what I'm growing in my body.
These posts are always too funny! I love that serious painting face, and I can't believe a stranger said that to you. Some people are so rude.
These are FANTASTIC! The window 'drawing' looks like a hummingbird - strange.
Have a fantastic day!
The commissary stresses me out haha that's why I don't shop there anymore.
HAHAHAHA! These are awesome! I loved the "I never want to drive on that road"...I say that all the time in Portland. : ) And Highway 1 on the window sill...PERFECT!
But the one that made me laugh the most was resting the cup on your belly and missing! Ha!
LOL! So great!
Grrrr....comments about baby gender still really grate my nerves for some reason.
Love his serious painting face, so precious :)
I LOVE when you do these posts. So many funny Cullen-isms and mommy-isms. I'm sure I'll be there one day!
I totally get why you call it the 1. But i only called one road in Calofornia by "the," it eas the 101.
I am so jealous of your boys going to ypur parents once a week!
Baby is coming on my birthday, the 5th, I can feel it. I send presents to kids who share my birthday!
Well, gosh - Cullen just needs to come back here to the Monterey Aquarium!
Ugh - and that commissary line is horrendous! That's exactly why I didn't shop at the Langley commissary.
Thank you for the laughter this morning!! I've started shopping at night (after 9 p.m.) to avoid all the people and the rude strangers that say things like...weren't you trying for a girl?
I think he'll finish the banana when he wakes up...Oh, and glad to hear your boys have made the new crib into a trampoline :) Happy weekend!
My father in law is a major from the US military. He served in Korea and Vietnam twice. He was the head pilot for the Helicoptors. So, I have been to the commissary with them. It's pretty cool. Especially the no tax and all.
I love the rooms you've done. I was noticing how lovely the trees look outside of the windows as well. Love it all. Hope you are feeling well. Can't wait for the baby!!!! And I'm not even having him!!! Love to you,
Shauna xo
I think he probably ate the banana when he woke up ;)
Post a Comment