Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Update: Babies, Beach and Blessings

In light of the terrible tragedy in Colorado, my blessings seemed a little brighter this weekend. Everything was a constant reminder that this gift of life is good and we must cherish every moment.

So this weekend, we found the happiness that comes with licking the brownie bowl clean.
 and having the honor to be the first person aside from Mommy and Daddy to meet Baby Charli.
Followed by the appreciation that we live on the ocean,
 next to a beach full of seals
 and a view of sea otters (with a little help).
 We found simple pleasures in the candy store,

  Jesus was there to make a lighthearted joke.
And I spotted a nice thought for the essence of your home.
 We spent the rest of the weekend relishing in each others company

And celebrating Charil's new life
Proud new parents, Traci and Steven

 Followed by an evening out with music

 And love for new friends.
Cullen actually inform me during his nightly prayers that he 'loves Ms Caitlin, a lot'
 We spent a morning at the beach




 And I treasured every second of this little life that I am blessed with.

24 comments:

Joeylee said...

Great pictures as always. I love how excited Cullen looks while holding the baby, so cute!! Looks like you had a great weekend

Stephanie said...

Lovely photos...so glad you had a beautiful weekend! It's looks beautiful there, too! Did the fog finally go away?

Tami said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Charli is just precious and I love the picture of C holding her! So sweet!

Katie said...

So many things to be thankful for! Your posts always bring a smile to my face:)

Lauren said...

What a precious weekend for you & your family, so many wonderful things to be thankful for!

Shannon said...

Such a beautiful recap. The little things are where it's at.

Morgan said...

Such a lovely weekend you and your family had! It's so good to embrace every blessing, big or small, each day. Have a great week!
-Morgan

Heather said...

Life truly is beautiful, and it is so important to cherish each and every day! Baby Charli is so adorable!

Kristin said...

Lovely. Looks like you found some sun this weekend!

Mamasita said...

What an AWESOME weekend :)
The pic of the seals on the beach is AMAZING!! I have always wanted to see that!
:)

Mamasita said...

p.s.you won the giveaway on my blog!!!!!
YAY!
I need your address so I can send you your goodies! :)

Sue said...

some one looks ready for another baby, no escaping that look. Lovely pictures as usual

Laura said...

It looks like you all had a lovely weekend, the baby is adorable :)

Jenn said...

New baby love! So sweet. When I see your weekend beach photos, I have some serious jealousy about being so land-locked. I have the same feelings when I see y'all wearing pants and/or jackets in the summer. (Must. Reign. In. The. Jealousy.)

Amy G. said...

love love love. Sometimes it really is just about basking in the little things that make life so wonderfuL!

Kimberlee said...

Aw looks like a great weekend. Loved what you said in the beginning, life is too short and we definitely need to live in the moment :)

Heather @ Cookies For Breakfast said...

I think we all would benefit from a Daffodils photo tutorial. Gorgeous, as always. The light and colors in your photos are always perfection.

Baby Charli is aaadorable... and those Jesus candy bars?! Hilarious!

laurenjeanallece said...

This is so beautiful Kate! This was exactly the smile I needed tonight :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

What a beautiful weekend you and your family had. Boy do I miss the beach even more when I see your pictures. We to got to meet our friends new born baby girl on sunday (she was born on Friday night), dont you just love new borns, they are so precious.

Sarah Kate said...

Wow...what a great weekend! You guys do on a regular weekend what most of us dream about doing on a vacation! :o) I love the shot of the candy! And the sea otters of course...adorable.

Stephanie McCall said...

sounds like a perfect weekend. and those are not seals?! how cool!!

Ashley said...

Oh I love the sweetness a new baby brings!!!

Courtney said...

What a sweet post--I love your pictures!

Candice said...

This is a truly beautiful post!