Last week was not a good one.
I am a pretty lucky and blessed lady and considering that 99% of my weeks are good, I guess it was just time for a bad one. We were coming off our vacation high, back into the dreary, cold, Monterey fog and the entire week, we just couldn't get it right. Cullen had once of his worst days ever (leading to a 'Family Rules' poster, but more on that tomorrow), I locked my keys in the car twice (twice!) and the second time, my spare set and my phone were locked in the car too, and it seemed like everyone we talked to had a bit of bad news to share.
One of the pieces of bad news was that our renters in the house we own in NC are moving out at the end of October. It couldn't be worse timing as we were hoping to fly east for the holidays and I was planning on accompanying Kev on a work trip to Germany (kidless!) in December, but without renters in our house, we simply cannot afford to do those things and will be on serious spending lock down until we can get someone new in there to pay our mortage.
By Friday afternoon, I was emotionally drained by everything and feeling pretty stressed out, until I got an email from my photography website informing me that a large order had just been placed. *Lightbulb* I have a talent which allows me to assist my family financially, even if it is in a small way.
Since launching the site last winter, I admit I haven't made it much of a priority, but with a newfound confidence from the order, plus the desire to help my family through what could be a few financially difficult months, I am going to start working harder. Over the weekend, I added a few more pictures, such as this:
And of course, there are some trusty old favorites:
I also decided dropped the price of my 4x6 and 5x7 prints, and I added some neat featured items such as canvas prints, magnets and prints on glass. Also, for this month, I've created a coupon code for you all, so if you do feel like buying something, it is even more afforable. Simply enter SALE into the code box at checkout and you will recieve 20% off your entire purchase. {cue my most enthusiastic QVC host voice!}You can even get the print professionally matted and framed right on the site!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE WHOLE SHOP!
(Or anytime, there is a tab at the top of my blog with a direct link to the shop)
I also decided dropped the price of my 4x6 and 5x7 prints, and I added some neat featured items such as canvas prints, magnets and prints on glass. Also, for this month, I've created a coupon code for you all, so if you do feel like buying something, it is even more afforable. Simply enter SALE into the code box at checkout and you will recieve 20% off your entire purchase. {cue my most enthusiastic QVC host voice!}You can even get the print professionally matted and framed right on the site!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE WHOLE SHOP!
(Or anytime, there is a tab at the top of my blog with a direct link to the shop)
In the meantime, thank you for your support of my business and my blog. Your comments and feedback are always a positive force in my life and I am so grateful for them, especially during a week that was not so great. I am incredibly blessed to be part of such a supportive blogger community, so thank you, thank you for always making me smile!





22 comments:
Wow that last photograph is stunning!
I always get inspiration from your photos! How awesome about that order:)
Way to market your skill!
I have no doubt that you could build a business if you wanted to.
We own a house in PA that is in disarray and half-remodeled because we had to move to Alaska in the middle of the project. So we pay a mortgage without renters. *sigh*
I hope this week is looking up for you, Kate :)
Heading to your photo shop now....
Keep your head up!
Tara
http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/
I was just feeling this way. Buyers remorse for my new car maybe? It's so great you have such an awesome talent that helps you earn some extra money. Good luck with your business. I'm off to brainstorm what my talent is...
Your photo's are beautiful! Absolutely love the picture of light gleaming through the tree in your country living photo's! It'll be a nice addition to our living room :) Hope this week is better than the last, xoxo
Since we're staying here in this house, I have this wall that I've been procrastinating about decorating. Photo collage it is! Thanks for the decorating help! :)
Is it weird that I would want to buy a print of your adorable kids? (probably...!) :) Good luck with everything!
xoxo
your photos are beautiful! hang in there momma, hoping y'all get renters quickly!
I had no idea you had a shop! You do amazing work! Congrats on your order!
Oh I do hope your world turns back right side up. They are beautiful photos. B
Beautiful pictures! I am so sorry about your day...ugh. I've had those too. Glad things are looking up for you though. God will continue to bless you abundantly...of that I'm sure ;)
Sorry for the crappy week and the news about your renters, but isn't it amazing when God reminds us who's really in control! :)
I hope things start looking up!
I love your photography skills, stay positive and everything's going to be great!
Happy Wednesday!
Maria
such gorgeous pictures!
I think I say it all the time but your photos are absolutely stunning!!! I'll be praying for you and your family and that you find new renters soon, so you are able to continue with your scheduled trips and plans. Life, got to love it. You never know what's around the corner. Hang in there everything will work out!!!!!
It makes sense that you have a shop, because I LOVE your photography! I'll keep that in mind!
They are really beautiful photos! You are a very talented woman! xoxo
I love all your photos so much. I despise unsollicited advise but have you thought about doing more family/people pics? You could do mini sessions for the people on base. The photos of your boys are my fave and I know you could capture that for others.
I found you taking your hobby and making it into a job to be so ridiculously inspiring!! I really hope I can make it in the photography world at some stage too :)
I LOVE your peony photo!! My great-grandma had peonies in her yard and now my mom has some of the bushes transplanted. Someday when we stop moving around the world I am going to transplant some into my yard too! I'm going to have to order one of these!
I LOVE your peony photo!! My great-grandma had peonies in her yard and now my mom has some of the bushes transplanted. Someday when we stop moving around the world I am going to transplant some into my yard too! I'm going to have to order one of these!
Post a Comment