Monday, September 19, 2011

Creation Appreciation Sunday

Yesterday, after determining we couldn't waste anytime inside, the family and I took a little time out for some 'creation appreciation.' We were up early (Cullen and Bennett seem to whisper and plot with each other when they feel like getting up before 7) and were debating which mass to go to when we realized the sun was out and we need to take advantage of it before it headed back into the cloud. So we packed the boys up and headed down to Point Lobos State Reserve to have our spiritual morning and appreciate the world in which we live.
We are really beginning to enjoy the beauty that Cali has to offer. It almost looks fake doesn't it?

Baby B and I taking a ride.

Kev and I reached into the depths of our 5th grade knowledge to be amazed that at how old these cliffs are.
 Just amazing.

My sweet little family (C was way stressed out about the wind)

My boys climbing the rocks. Totally safe, I swear.

This seal was just hanging out on the beach, totally unnerved by the people. Did I wake up Sunday morning thinking I'd get this close to a seal? Creation Appreciation indeed.

View from the Cyprus Grove, made famous by Ansel Admas

And for the rest of the day, I had a little Creation Appreciation for the two sweetest little boys on the planet. Look at Baby B's eyes, I mean really.
 This was Cullen 'teachin' broder to play carz'. Have you ever seen such a thing?



Don't you live just taking a little time out to appreciate the beauty around us? I know it starts my week off right.

What creations are you appreciating these days?

3 comments:

Meg {henninglove} said...

oh my gosh you live in Monterey? Is your husband at DLI or the Naval Post Graduate school or maybe I am totally off base and he is at neither! My family lived there for 16 months when my dad was studying Japanese at DLI I have the best memories from Monterey, you are so lucky you live there with your adorable family!

MarmePurl said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE todays Photos Kate. *Sigh*

fittingbackin said...

LOVING all of these great family shots - glad you're getting a lot out of your new locale!!