Thursday, September 22, 2011

Friday Fancies

This is my first link up to Long Distance Loving's Friday Fancies and before we move on to my first attempt at an outfit, I must first share with you the reason why I am joining.

1. I'm still trying to be a cool mom. When I was a mom of one, I was definitely able to look cute everyday. Now, (and it makes me cringe as I type this) there are days where I don't really get dressed. However, it is officially fall and I can casually transition my desire for sundresses to a desire to be cozy, cozy, comfy, therefore embracing a hip, stay-at-home-mommy style.

2. Every blog I have read since I found the Friday Francies link-up, I have enjoyed. So my hope is that there are like-minded ladies that will enjoy my little piece of fashion too.

3. Making this little outfit on powerpoint just made me feel infinitely cooler because I really didn't know I could it. So, without further ado, here is my cozy fall outfit, perfect for a day at the park or a date night (which is what we SAHM have to prepare for).
Earrings: Fubish Stuido, Dress: Old Navy, Clutch: Forever 21, Shoes: Bloomingdales (I actually have these and loooooooove them)

Thanks {av} for letting me link up! Happy Weekend my friends!

6 comments:

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

Such a pretty sweater dress! I think I may be heading to Old Navy this weekend to pick that up...They have had some really cute things recently! This is definitely a cool mom look! Welcome to Friday's Fancies! xoxo Meggan

Joelle said...

Love that sweater dress! And it's from Old Navy too...my favorite store!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend my dear!

xoxox,
Joelle
www.whereweloveishome.com

Tyler said...

I also, would like to go to Old Navy and get a cute sweater dress! It's going to get frigid up here in a minute.

Val Fox said...

I love that sweater dress and the shoes too! Thanks for the comment on my blog! <3 I've been trying out new egg-free recipes for my son and they taste pretty good. :)
-Val

{av} | {long distance loving} said...

Kate--I'm SO thrilled you joined in the Friday's Fancies fun :) I definitely think this outfit qualifies as a "cool mom" look! That sweater dress is fabulous and I'm impressed you were able to make that collage with Powerpoint! I can't wait to see what you create for next week! xoxo {av}

fittingbackin said...

Yay! I heart an inspiration board - GREAT finds. Love Old Navy - such gems in that store - and cute booties. :)