Sunday, October 30, 2011

More Highlights

If you checked in with me on Friday, then you got a sneak peek of the week's visit with my parents. The time went by so fast and I can't believe they had to leave already! We were so happy to have them here, to help with the boys and to be able to show they all the fun new places we have found out here and have them share in our California adventure. Here are a few more highlights:

Lunch at Cannery Row Brewing Co. We generally avoid Cannery Row because it is always packed with tourists, but I read good reviews of this restaurant and I'm glad we checked it out. Good food, great beer and an outdoor patio which makes dining with kids a much easier experience.
Seeing my dad embrace his grandfather role. I've that my dad isn't the warm and fuzzy type, but more of a 'let's see what kind of trouble we can get in to on our {insert motorized vehicle here}.' However, this time he was a big ol mush-pot of grand-daddying. He was holding hands, going down slides, comforting Bennett... I told him if he hugged Kev and said 'I love you' when he left, we would have some serious concerns. You can see more pics of my daddy being awesome with my kids in my mom's blog post.

Roaring Camp Railroad. We took the boys on an hour long train ride up to the top of a mountain near Santa Cruz. C loved the train (see first picture in my post from Friday), Mom and Dad loved seeing the Redwoods. I loved seeing my family making memories together. (More pictures on my mom's blog.)



Point Lobos. One of the self proclaimed 'crown jewels of California State Parks'. My parents are more mountain people, but even they loved the ocean in this setting. My dad even went scuba diving there on Friday. And yep, you guessed it, more pictures in my mom's post here.



And the best part about it all was just simply having my parents here.Smiles all around. Well, except for Bennett who is clearly not ok with Cullen's restaurant behavior here hehe.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
                                                          Sunday Snapshot

7 comments:

Leesha said...

Great photos, I love the last one. The light is so pretty. :)

Tyler said...

I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans my dad is trying to pull with baby J! When we went to TX after he was born, he was giving him some VERY inappropriate life lessons that are not blog friendly! The man is serioulsy a big kid! But then they fell asleep together and it made my heart melt! Dads are big softies! Glad your parent's visit was great!

Allison said...

Your last comment on my blog was so hilariously sweet. How fun to know that you and MarmPurl were talking about me! :D

So sad to hear she's already gone. I hope you're not missing her too dreadfully. xo

Emily said...

Looks like a fun time! The ocean shots are beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

geetlee said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Lovely photos. We were in Monterey, Point Lobos a month back. We had a lovely time too! :)

Sue said...

its looks like you all had a wonderful time Kate, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes he is growing as are your two

Serendipity is Sweet said...

What wonderful family memories and beautiful photos!! You are so blessed!
Love that gorgeous scenery...and how awesome that your mom has a blog too :)

Happy Halloween!!