Putting a chandelier in my living room. I have complained mentioned once or twice before that the military housing we live in is definitely lacking in character and I am doing my best to its beige walls some life. Since all the houses in our development have very similar layouts, it is neat to see what other people have done to liven up their space. Case in point, over the weekend we were at a neighbor's house and it was like walking into a completely different set up. Gosia had succeeded in making her non-descript house look like something out of a magazine (maybe she will even let me blog about it on day..hint hint if you are reading this :). One of the biggest changed she made was to change out the boring ol ceiling fan in her living room and replaced it with a modern light fixture from Ikea. And it got me thinking that maybe I need to be on the lookout for something too. Here's what I'm considering:
1. A colorful chandelier. How fun would this be? Especially if I could find something cheap at a re-store and paint it.
2. Something sparkly:
3. Neutral as a statement:
Which do you think I should be on the lookout for?
PS Check out
Gosia's Etsy Shop for beautiful curtains, furniture and hand-embroidered lampshades. She is so talented!
4 comments:
DO IT! I'm madly in love with chandeliers. I like the idea of buying one and painting it to match your decor. Can't wait to hear what you decide!
yes do a chandelier kate. and the colored ones are gorgeous, seriously love those!! and change up those military houses, they can definitely be bland, and boring so give it some character :-)
I like the colorful!!!
Oh I do love Chandeliers! Can't wait until we can get out of this rental and install one somewhere! :)
Post a Comment