Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Side Table Make-Over and Some Books

Thanks for all your suggestions of what color to painted my little thrifted side table. Everyone seemed to agree that I should go with a shade of blue and even though the suggestions stemmed toward an emerald or peacock, when I was at the store Krylon's spa blue in a gloss finish called to me.
I'm liking the color, but as a whole, I think I might have a little too much happening in the sitting/dining room area. Maybe I need to get rid of the patchwork rug and look for something with simple colors? What do you think? Or switch out something on my little gallery wall? I don't know, it is definitely not feeling exactly right to me.
On another note, I have been nerding it up at our library here and these are the books I picked up for this week:
Have you read any of these? (The Hunger Games, Tell All or Super Sad True Love Story). Over the past two weeks I read Adam Corolla's In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks (entertaining, but a parts were crude and after a while, it got pretty redundant), The Paris Wife by Paula McClain (Interested me at first but got a bit boring in the middle. It was an easy read, but I was expecting more since it is so popular) and Room by Emma Donoghue (I read this book in 2 days, reading a few hours at night, I couldn't put it down. I loved it!). It feels so good to be reading again!

Do you go to the library? Read anything good lately that I should check out next week?

And on the complete flip side of their matching sweater vests, my darling also have matching Adias warm-ups, gifted to them by their Aunt Laura K. I just thought you needed to know.
    Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Ivana said...

I love that little table, it adds such a lovely touch of color to the room! Great choice. And lord, do I LOVE Hunger Games! It´s such a great book (well, all three of them), such a great story! I´m sure you´ll love it! Let me know then!

xx Ivana
Style in the City

Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an amazing scrapbook software, it ends Friday! http://tinyurl.com/mymemoriesgiveaway

AR said...

Bennett's happy face is to die for...he's going to be a goof ball :)

henning love said...

that blue color is really perfect kate! great choice definitely brightens up the room it is amazing how one piece can do that, keep up the great decorating :-)

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Hmmm.... how about changing the rug to a striped one? I'm thinking lots of stripes (different sizes) in shades of blue? It would lighten up that area, pull in the blue from the table, and look more "beachy" :) Maybe it's the red in the rug that doesn't look quite right?

Allison said...

Ok, so I caught up on all your posts, but here's the one I'm going to comment on (maybe because I love looking at other people's decorating!). I love that rug and I wouldn't dare change it! I also love your chairs. But I might take down one or two of the frames in the dining room if you're looking for more simplicity or a bolder statement. From this angle, that's where I'm seeing the busyness you're talking about. But that's just my opinion and really doesn't matter at all.

Also the blue end table is pretty, but the orange flower on top makes a combination that doesn't seem to work with the elegance of those chairs (which, again, I LOVE). What about trying something else on the blue table? Maybe that might help?

I feel kind of rude analyzing your decor, but it's been really fun staring at your house and thinking it over! :D

ReneeLS said...

I just read this post and I love the Hunger Games...and teh next two books that follow it. Actually, they are currently making a movie about the book....looks pretty fantastic. Recently I've been into Young Adult books, check out Divergent or Fire both good books! :-)

Anonymous said...

I recently read The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. I jokingly said its my first grown up book, but it still has something majestic about it. I definitely would recommend it! Happy Reading! --CB